Quite disappointed with Shiny Regionals event

I have hatched 75 of the 7km eggs this week without any shiny regionals yet. However, I like the rarity, it makes it special when it does happen. If everyone was hatching these new shiny frequently then it would not be special or rewarding.

6 Likes

Totally agree with your sentiments about the weighted favouritism to absent and new to game players.
Seen way too many many examples to not think there is something else at play behind the game wall.
I gave up putting in extra effort or time during events quite a while ago now. Nothing they do in the game makes me alter the amount of time or the way I want to play the game. It did early on but once you miss out on a few things the care factor evaporates quickly.

1 Like

I certainly don’t want it to rain shinies. I actually think the CDs have cheapened those particular shinies due to how easy it is to get so many of them. I’m more disappointed with the number of baby Pokemon I get from 7K eggs as opposed to regionals (shiny or not). I had hoped they’d alter that a little for these couple of weeks. Outside of this event, I don’t want anything to do with 7K eggs. I’ve hatched enough Smoochum, thanks. :wink:

2 Likes

A little bit I’ve hatched over 100 7km eggs and no shinies, part of me cares and the other part doesn’t really care if I get a shiny. On the bright side I’ve gotten a 100% Cleffa and 3 98% regionals and I’ve exercised a lot this week by walking a ton of miles, so not a complete waste

4 Likes

I have Hatched 36 7k eggs and no shiny kind of sucks but I’m still trying

3 Likes

You are completely right. Shiny Pokémon should and must be rares.

The point is that I noticed that people that don’t play the game daily use to have much more luck(with shinies) than players that play it everyday. I’m telling because that’s what happens with the great majority of players in my city.

It sounds like Nantic says to “Ocassional Players”: Hey, come and play me pls, me give you shinies so pls play.
And to “Daily players”: Come on you piece of Regis you already play the game get off we dont need you.

3 Likes

And as an update: 88 eggs hatched so far, and still no shiny. Only 9 incubators left :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

43 and no shiny

1 Like

I’ve hatched about 120, give or take, and no Shiny. Oh well. I caught a third Shiny outside of Turtwig and two additional hundos. This has been a fruitful week outside of the event.

3 Likes

I’d say for me personally that it’s opposite where I live, the people that play daily pretty much end up with 3-5 shinies a week while the occasional players (my wife included) don’t really get any shinies.

Update: 130 eggs and no shinies

1 Like

I got 14 or 15 7km eggs every day and no shiny luck. It’s frustrating they didn’t shrink the pool in the 7km eggs for the event, it’s my guess they didn’t change the shiny chance in eggs so it’s going to be tough,

My local pogo community has at least 10 people who have showed off their shiny regional hatches so far, 4 of my good friends. Fortunately we have another week so hopefully a few more of us will have luck.

I did manage one wild shiny tauros so far so but I’m really hoping to manage at least one shiny from outside the region.

2 Likes

Dang, I’ve been checking every Tauros I’ve seen (which is like 3) and nada, haven’t even hatched one from a 7km egg yet, I keep getting Happiny’s and Alolan Grimers. Definitely frustrating when some of my friends have hatched 2 different shiny regionals and most of my friend list has hatched a shiny, and I’m in over 100 eggs and nothing.

Fingers crossed for this up coming week though.

1 Like

I got 2 shinies this week. First I got shiny togepi. Then I got shiny Kangaskhan. I opened gifts everyday, got around 14-18 eggs each day.

I guess I’m lucky this time - though I want 4 of them. FYI. On regular day it’s hard for me to get shiny like sentret etc.

1 Like

I hatched 85 eggs and no shiny. I will hatch 85 more this week and hopefully get a shiny regional or more.

2 Likes

I am now up to 52 eggs Nd still nothing

1 Like

Little statistics to temper your expectations:
Chance of getting a regional from your 7km egg: 40%
Chance of that regional being shiny: Last week 1/50. Since yesterday its actually 1/150. Lets hope they change that back soon.

So yeah the rate is actually pretty low. Im not gonna waste money on this. The only shinies i care about are legendary anyways so raid passes for Mewtwo it is.

3 Likes

Update: after 134 eggs last week, the 7th egg i hatched this week yielded a shiny tauros

4 Likes

3 more popped this morning and all were junk babies.
Still on 0 Shiny

Final Egg hatch before I decided to focus on the new Unova eggs was a 96% non-Shiny Mr. Mime. Hard to be mad LOL

2 Likes

No shines. No Mr Mime or Farfetched but plenty of Tauros , which I had plenty of before this started. Most of my hatchlings have been babies, also which I’ve got enough of. I’d be happy with 1 Mr. M and 1 Farfetched. Unfortunately my chances are nil unless I buy another box.