Question about pokemon IV

Blissey isnt that weak. The “Bliss Eater” (quoting @MEME2) easily beats my machamp with its super effective physic moveset…

Cp is like a fake level. It only can be used to judge same spiecies.

Ex: Blissy and Dragonite Cp should not be compared.

But Blissy with another blissy can be compared and judged.

1 Like

was an example that all the trolls who dont like CP use. like i dont know Blissy is weak attacker. Can use anyone as an example.

Slaking and Dragonite should not be compared.

Dragonite and Chansey… list can go on any good defensive mon shouldnt be compared by stats to an attacker…

2 Likes

Yes.

i have argued about CP for aslong as i been here. It’s not useless…if Levels replaced CP nobody would complaine… It’s exact same thing except when judging different species. Just easier to talk about it i guess when i didnt start the topic. Hitrolls**

CP is supposed to be a quick reference to determine the strongest Pokémon of a give species.

It’s not a good comparison of different species of Pokémon.

It’s also a tool for Niantic to use to for gyms - Decay rate for new system and gym placement in the old system.

1 Like

To sum it up:
Yes, they only matter on the same level (or if you are going to put then at the same level)

But thats wrong terminology. There is no such thing as “bad CP”. If you have the same level tyranitar, 1 with 2250 CP and the other 2350 CP, then the lower one doesnt have bad CP. It has bad IV, wich results in a lower CP.

And yes the difference between the best and worst possible tyranitar at level 40 arent huge, but they do matter.
Im not saying CP is useless. But for the question @Avi is asking you cant say he only needs to look at CP. you HAVE to know about how IV works if you care about powering up the best possible pokemon.

1 Like

So a 600 cp tyranitar iv 100 isnt bad…come on now there is something called bad cp

edit - if they dont develop good then their cp is bad…and evolution especially 3 evos should atleast clear 1800

edit2- also i never said look only at cp. I do that. Mainly so i dont spend ridiculous amount of dust and candy.

edit3 - so this isnt a prime example of bad cp?

No, this is a low level Tyranitar of wich i dont know the IV. Thats all that CP number is telling me.

1 Like

Anyone i ask will say that cp bad lmao.

The one good thing is the smack down.

There nothing good about a tyranitar at that cp. Only plus is its shiny and even that doesnt matter.

Your definition of good and bad differs from most other players. Rare Pokémon like Ttar especially ones with legacy moves have inherent value, especially to someone who doesn’t have such a thing.

You may not find it worth investing stardust but to many others it would be totally worthwhile. I’m not suggesting that you are wrong or should invest, but to make a blanket statement that every high CP Pokémon is good or low CP Pokémon is bad really does not do justice.

2 Likes

If you have many…i guess im playing in a different league.

Guess I’m not understanding the last statement. I do have many Tyranitar including a several maxed out with exceptionally good IVs. I would still not transfer that particular one because it is shiny with a legacy move. IVs were good I would even consider powering it.

I agree it has limited usefulness in its current state but there is potential.

My point is the cost. If YOU have another and same EXACT IV and EVOLVED properly… then its worth the cost. Me personally if i showed my entire list of Tyranitar…then some would understand better.
I got candy. But to me not worth it.

1 Like

I would power up any smack down Tatar so I see your point😅

Use all that dust and see if you can trade after.

Lol😂. I don’t have plans to trade with anyone…