Problems with Pokemon Go in background

Hey,

Recently my phone has started buzzing randomly. So I reopen Pokemon Go (REOPEN so it was previously closed) and it didnt give me a startup screen and was still opened. See picture below of what it looks like when you start it up again AFTER closing in the background.

How is this possible? Its not always but sometimes it just doesn’t want to close properly. Anybody have the same problem?

Yep. Seems to be new bugs that are being caused by the latest update.

Some time ago I could have open PoGo in the background, and open another app. And switching between them worked. Now, everytime I put PoGo in the background it starts again when I go back to the app.

Having similar issues when switching back a forth between PokeGenie to do raids.
Some times PoGo resumes fine but at least 50% of the time PoGo App is frozen and requires shut down restart.
Every time that happens I’m hoping the game reloads quickly as your always under time constraints to go back to PokeGenie to acknowledge the friends code has been done or get back ready for the Raid invite.

How old is your device your playing on @bagguille? As it’s a work phone I’m still a iPhone 6s and that phone is the hot spot for the other family accts. I know the 6s is now right on the line of being minimum specs to play the game and it’s internal storage is alway around 90% full.
I’ve got a iPhone SE 2020 as a replacement. I just need to spend 1/2 a day that I don’t have atm at work getting it fully setup with our IT people (not on site). I know what a nightmare it was when changing from the 5s to the 6s after PoGo killed the battery and what my opposite went through getting his last upgrade phone setup with our company’s systems.
All the family accts run on iPhone 8 or SE 2020 which according to everything I read is a iPhone 8 with a better battery essentially.

I’m on Xiaomi Redmi 9, not the newest, but not old either. I think I’m using it now one year.

Before I had a Xiaomi Max 3, with 7’5 inch screen. There it worked fine, up to the point that I could install PoGo two times, have both open and both used half screen, so I could fight between both.

I have 2x old Xiaomi that ran split screen. One acct on each screen. They were excellent to play one with multiple accts until the hardware became dated and started having problem playing the game. Not sure what model off the top of my head but they would be 4yrs old maybe?

Does the Redmi 9 do split screen smoothly?
I do miss playing on those 2x devices as battery life was fantastic compared to my iPhone and I only had to have 2 devices not 4.

Yeah, the Max3 was the best for playing. My newones don’t have this function of splitting.