Post Your Latest Catch You’re Happy With

Yes, it’s a Ditto! FINALLY I found one last night! I still have a research task from 2022, when I started playing the game, that asks for 3 dittos, but as I stopped playing until 2023 (on and off) I never got to complete it.

I’d been trying for the last months to find one, catching pokemon it usually disguises itself as (I looked this up online), used incenses… nothing!

Last night I saw an Oddish and, at first, I wasn’t going to pick it, but then remembered I needed more berries to get to a Vileplume, so might as well… Suddenly it started turning pink/red and in confusion I was like “is this the dynamax thing? I thought it didn’t work like this…” only for it to be a Ditto! It’s been so long I didn’t remember it anymore.

It’s like the 3rd time I almost don’t catch a pokemon only for it to turn into something great/needed. There’s a lesson here!

Hopefully I won’t wait for too many months for the other 2?!

Update: I caught another one last night, this time disguised as a Koffing… Maybe they’ve increased the spawn or something…

2 Likes

I hatched this one today for the first time (2km egg), I thought I’d never get to see it!

I also finished the research task “It’s about Time and Space” and after battling Giovanni I caught this colourful giant:

This increases my legendaries to 4 (Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem and now Regigigas). However, from the talk I got in the end, it was like I was supposed to have caught Dialga or Palkia?

I’m only finishing this research task now and can’t remember much about it, but from what I can see I must have chosen Palkia route, because I completed a task and caught (beautiful) Mismagius recently.

I looked up the guide and the 2nd phase of the research task says “catch Palkia”, which I mustn’t have got to in time, when the event was active, because I don’t have it now.

I looked up online and that was replaced with “Catch a Legendary Pokemon” (instead of Palkia), and it must have progressed after I got one of the Cosmog…

Oh well, that’s a bit disappointing but I wasn’t playing as consistently as I am now, so it slipped. And since I hardly ever do a task from beginning to end, it kind of gets mixed with everything else!

3 Likes

Happy with todays haul used for Candy building and later XL Trading. Hopefully I can get that third 100% Trading the Dreepy from the other family accts.

2 Likes

well, it seems your inventory is dreeping with the good stuff!

I’ve caught two so far, but nothing over 1 star. It’s still worth the pokedex entry, of course, but I’m aiming for better luck in egg hatches - same with grookey, I need to evolve one by tomorrow but the ones I’ve encountered are all below 2 stars, I hate spending berries at “random” just to complete sth!)

I can’t believe I finally have a fantastic Gardevoir! I got it after completing a research task and it was quite the jump when I checked the stars, as all the ralts around my area (even though they are very uncommon) are below average. I managed to evolve 2 good ones (nothing above 2 stars…) among the scarcity of quality because I was hoping to at least get a decent Gardevoir (found one in the wild but no stars) and now this! Amazing!

2 Likes