Pokémon Go Ultra League

Hey Friends,

Is it just me or is anything above Great League near impossible for newer players? I have very limited Pokémon above 1500 yet, let alone close to 2500.

Based off what I am reading Ultra League will run until the end of the month…am I correct in my understanding that until I am able to obtain higher CP or viable Pokémon that there is absolutely NOTHING I can do in the Go Battle League until Great League Returns?

I live in a small town with limited Pokémon, pokestops, gyms etc…battling was one of the only things I could do and now it seems like I can’t even do that until I improve my squad…

Am I missing something?

Your not missing anything.
Your stuck tapping away with what you got until they change Leagues again but don’t be surprised if Master League is not next.

I think you are trying a bit too fast…

Great League, IMHO, is the hardest of them all. It is not the point to have pokemon with CP near to 1500. The key is to have the right pokemons… for start, because it is so much more than just right selection. I managed to reach lvl20 during Great League (177/340) and I was relieved when it finished - as the duels were very demanding…
Before starting competitive play I would say you need to play at least 6 to 9 months, maybe a year… very actively…
Try Team Rocket encounters instead - it is a good training.

On the other hand, if you will keep losing, your ranking will go down to the level where there are very few human players, and League will start to give you A.I. encounters… the lower your ranking the easier to beat them. But if you start to win, your ranking will improve and so the opponent strength - so you need to keep balance.

I am not pro-pvp player, I never got above lvl20 in league (I tried few times, but failed)…
Here is my selection for GL:

And much smaller for UL:

ML is the easiest - but you need to have LVL40 at least to have a fighting chance…