Niantic not allowing raids to be done solo ruins the PvE aspect of Pokemon Go

I started playing Pokemon Go in February this year and it’s up there with some of my favorite games I ever played. I love how it takes Pokemon and makes it real life. My biggest problem with the game is that you can’t solo raids. For mega and tier 5 raids, you often need a large group to win which completely discourages team building. What’s the purpose of investing stardust/candy into meta Pokemon if you’re unable to solo a raid? I usually have to go to the mall to do raids but there are so many others playing that each raid fills up with 20 people right away. You don’t even need a team of good Pokemon with good counters to win. I understand Niantic wants the community to do raids together but it completely disincentives powering up Pokemon that will help win raids which should be the main goal of a Pokemon game.

One of the Raid hosting sites out there is your friend if Lobbies are filling too fast to get in.
I understand where you’re coming from but my own option is the game would be not as good if everything could be done Solo.
Yes you could skate through not powering up anything but would you have pride in your collection?

1 Like

Eh for me I have a small group of friends I will do raids with so building good counters is necessary in order to beat it more quickly or at all if it is a shadow raid.

I’m a just a contrary player. I have never build up a Pokémon for Raids, I just want them all.
So doing a Raid, I allways use just the Pokëmon the game selects, so better there are 20 players.
Is there any reason (for the result) that there are lesser players?

Some players imagine that bonuses (like rare candy or shinies) are shared per-raid, divvied up among the group, such that more players somehow dilutes each player’s share of those bonuses. I kind of suspected that, too, until I was in a Rayquaza raid where 8 out of the 10 trainers got shiny. Even more persuasive than the one that gave 3 shines for 4 trainers, or the MANY Rayquaza raids that gave zero shinies for 2 trainers.

Where that idea DOES apply, though, is that the amount of mega energy a raid gives each player is proportional to the time remaining when the boss is defeated. So a big group can mean more mega energy by finishing the raid more quickly.

2 Likes

Without investigating I thought the same, that’s why I like much more the 20 people-raids.
I understand that there are players which want to show their ability doing raids with the less posible players participating, but no, I’m not one of these.

I get ur point and agree its true sometimes but i still like to make good counterparties to solo whatever possible (some 5* too like deoxys atk and guzzlord which are easy solo but also a few you do need to push your edges to be managable solo) but also like to do so for duoing raids (or trio with stuff like lugia, deoxys def or regi’s)
If thats not enough cuz yoh still have the option and could choose to ppay with more which wound make it any special then raids arent the place to look anyway, instead push in pvp. Thats the spot where maximising your edges will truly shine and get rewarded

Yea would like if that idea were true but in favor of less players, not more and even more important in 5* as well
Lets hope somwthing like that will be implemented one time

The absolute best would be if players would get rewards equal to the % of damage inflicted, for exapmle the reward poule of a 20ppl raid with every1 equally good dps would give every1 5% where a 3man raid where the mvp did 41%, another 36% and the leftover guy playing just recommended parties did 23% and all get that exact % of the reward pool

Tbh dont think that will get ever added but would be great lt if they did😅

1 Like

A few other points that might be worth consideration:

1. Niantic’s stated main goals for the game were to foster social play and get people to know better the area where they live. Having big groups is a feature, not a bug.
  2. Some bosses in T4, T5, and Mega can be beaten by 1 or 2 trainers. We recently had some of them (2 trainers for Kartana, Mega Venusaur, and Rayquaza, and just 1 needed for Mega Charizard, for example).
  3. And I still have pics of the pair of pride-swollen players who just beat EX Defense Form Deoxys with each having 1 phone.

Well, let me tell you… don’t post again a link to an app in this forum. I have no problem to delete and block your account.
This forum is no window for other interests…

Your discussion about the thread is interesting, and I invite you to participate more, but another thing is what I mention in the first part.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.