Niantic Changed My Nickname

Received this from Niantic this morning and thought I’d share it with you all mainly for a giggle.

Niantic Support
February 21, 2020, 04:57 +0000
You are receiving this message because we discovered you have a duplicate Pokémon GO Trainer nickname and we have adjusted your nickname to HoddzDJ3 to avoid confusion.
Account details:
Login method: FACEBOOK, GOOGLE
Last play date: 2020-02-20 PST
If you’d like to change your Trainer nickname, you can do so via the Settings menu in the Pokémon GO app. There are no further actions needed on your end, but please let us know if you have any questions.

Would love to know how this happened, I have had the nickname ‘HoddzDJ’ since I started playing in 2016. I can’t change it back to that nickname so someone has it but how has it happened?!

Needless to say I did reply to asked so we’ll see if they get back to me.

2 Likes

Somebody at Niantic needed a 4th account and really liked the nick I guess

1 Like

It’s not as if their registration process didn’t already search for duplicates, and you would have noticed if somebody else was catching Pokémon on your account other than you. No way could two people use the same account for over 3 years without noticing it…

2 Likes

This is a thing of the newest update. Ive seen a few posts with dozens of comments each on TSR saying the same thing. Apparantly Niantic doesnt want duplicate names anymore…