Niantic boosted Zamazenta Raids during Sewaddle Community Day

Guys, I’m not sure what happened, but our local grind spot turned into raid hour during this past community day. It was incredible! We had 4 Zamazenta raids appear at our walkable park/grind spot at 1pm and then another 4 Zamazenta raids at 3pm. We were all in shock. Literal shock because this never happens.

If Niantic is reading this or someone close to them is, please let this be the new norm for in-person raiding. I remember asking for this a while back through other avenues, and to see it actually happening is nothing short of amazing to see for me. With that said, my one issue is this. Niantic has got to increase the catch rates on raid bosses.

It was insane! 12 would be done catching, and then 5 were still trying to catch. Then 8 would be done, and the rest were struggling. I can only imagine what someone with anxiety must feel when this happens to them around people they don’t know. I know the catch phase after raiding is a bonus challenge to Niantic, but please make it easier. We just want to raid and go. Thanks!

1 Like

From what I gathered about this, Niantic is reportedly testing Saturday Raid Hours in certain areas to see if there is enough appeal.

Gotta link? This is huge if possible, and to streamline it better, they should appear at most EX eligible gyms. I think that makes sense.