New sprites. Good or bad?

This place is where you can post pictures of Pokemon of which they have had obtained a new sprite. You can discuss whether those sprites are better or worse.

I just found out that Gyarados has obtained a new sprite.

This looks like the old Gyarados sprite. (Old picture of my top 12 of end August 2016)

In my opinion it looks good, but if it was a little less brightly coloured it would look better.

Also I found blissed to have her sprite changed. But I don’t know if it is a good or bad change

The only new sprite I don’t like is this one.

2 Likes

And chansey. I do not know what to think of it.

At least it is better than blissey

Surprised even Blissey got a new model, given how Lets GO doesnt have Johto Mons

Maybe preparing for the future? Once you are changing, change them all…

2 Likes

It seems like somebody decided the colors weren’t bright enough in the old sprites. Most seem brighter than before - especially the pinks (blissey, chancey, luvdisc, skitty, etc.)

Either style is mostly just an acquired taste – we’ll just get used to the changes. But in all candor I consider the changes to be gratuitous and arbitrary. I was fine with the colors as they were before the recent changes.

This topic was automatically closed after 95 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.