New Bug Since Latest Pokemon Go iOS Update

Okay, I’ll be the designated idiot again today:

Is bug 2 that it shows 025 in the new slot (instead of 481)?

And what’s bug 1? (I assume the black-out marks are added by you, not the game.)

1 Like

@vorgriff3 Made it more clear what is what. :wink:

That bug is a long-existing one. If I know correctly it did also show ‘025’ when I registered a Shiny Wynaut in my Pokédex last year.

Edit:

Here’s the pic so you can see it.

1 Like

Even more bugs🤨

Other than showing shiny sandslash, what are the bugs here?

The line at Meowth is too high. Also shiny animations visible there.
No shiny Icon at Sandslash.

Did I mis anything @Jormdeworm?

Both show a Shiny variant but I do not have Shiny Sandslash and Shiny Meowth doesn’t even exist yet.

2 Likes

This scares me bigtime:

Bug: Are accounts being lost again

Smeargle Photobomb Not Resulting in Encounter

Besides the already mentioned bugs, there are tons of visual bugs some new, most somewhat older. But it is getting worse the last few days.

Seeing and experiencing multiple bugs while raiding. Also read about some other raid related bugs.

Seriously Niantic, what the hell were you doing at your HQ??? Partying??? Seriously fix this mess. It seems to get worse by the day. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I’ve only had that happen once, about a week after Smeargle was released.

I’ve now had 3 Smeagle Photo Bombs that have failed to spawn in a week when back on the game screen.
Tues 30th April
Fri 3rd May
and today 6th May
I logged a bug report the first time it happened. Now I’m I work I’ll go through my emails and see if there has been a reply yet and if not I’ll be replaying again as I have screens shots with the times of the last 2 occasions.
3 times now, I really think I should be compensated with something as it’s simply not good enough.

There is a way to get them spawning after failure. Restart the Pokemon go app. It may take even 3 or more tries but it should spawn. More people reported that on Twitter and Reddit. Hopes it will work for you.

Cheers for that.
First time it happened I tried restarting but no Smeargle still.

I found something that they actually fixed. The Pokéball logo when you get notified outside the game. Finally it is no longer just a white ball but the actual logo.

And I had a new bug. Stops refusing to give a research tasks. It happens sometimes.

There is a new update comming up, I t has new features and new failures.

These one are funny:

Machamp uses fly. It’s very effective.

“The giants are comming”

1 Like

In two separate T5 raids yesterday, my trainer’s 6th team member fainted, and instead of telling me and letting me rejoin, the game just had that Pokemon disappear while the raid went on, of course with no further damage inflicted in either direction. Thankfully the overall group finished the raid quickly, before my game could decide to barf me out of the gym – so I got credit for the raid win and proceeded to capture the defeated boss.

Had we been a group of three instead of 18, we could very well have lost the raid because of this bug. I sure hope it gets fixed soon, and am worried that one of today’s EX raids may trip over a more-serious bug…

1 Like

I’ve seen people with that bug. What I tell them to do is as soon as it happens, quit the raid and rejoin with a new team or resuscitate the old one.

2 Likes

By ‘quit’, do you mean close the app and restart, or use the quit-raid button that looks like a player running away? (That button usually threatens not to let you rejoin.)

Leave the raid, and while still in the raid party in the menu, jump back in with new Pokemon.

There is a topic made for all the bugs.
Let’s continue there.