MewTwo the T5 Raids Discuss and Show Off Thread

A thread for all discussion about MewTwos change from Ex Raids to T5 Raids. Hopefully this one doesn’t get closed early.
Disscus your progress and show them off.
Discuss how your going against Focus Blast v the other moves.

I’ve defeated Mewtwo’s with Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and flamethrower with 5 accounts, primarily using ttars with bite/crunch that are mostly powered up, but not fully.

Focus blast on the other hand needs double that many as many local players don’t have good counters against focus blast mewtwo.

You asked this question in another thread which got closed recently @vorgriff3

“The only way I know to determine something is junk is to check its CP/HP/IV stats. Is there a way to do it without capturing it?”

Yes, by the CP when you see it for capture.
There’s plenty of IV charts on line to reference, just search MewTwo IV Charts.
That will give you an idea of where the good ones start at. For non weather boosted your looking around 2247 as that a 89% with attck and upwards to the max of 2275. There’s good IV but poor attack junk inside this range but if you ckeep 2247 and up and IV check later.
You could always catch and trade the junk in hope they improve. With a high friendship level it cost is not massive if you both have MewTwo already.
Sadly this is not an option for me and I cant hang on to them forever hoping they will fix the age cap thing soon.

Powered Rayquaza with Dragon Tail / Outrage can deal out a bit of damage and comes up when I do some checking in the Poke Battler bit inside Poke Genie. Mine are 98% maxed out L40 though. I haven’t tried using them yet as I’m getting by with my double dark Tyranitar Army.
MewTwo with Shadow Ball is the one you want but you need to have them from Ex Raids as the move is now Legacy.

Progress report
Got 3 more in on the way to work as timing worked out great. Two caught and one runner and no improvement for collection.

8 days since T5 Raid
20/25
Best so far
96% 14attack
91% 15attack
x2 89% 15attack

The only good one Ive had

3 Likes

So far 6/7 4 with pinaps, 2 with GR, got 98 and dont know what to do with it… it has ice beam, was planning to make it as a pure psychic but in a fear of psystrike also debating with myself if I could just leave as an ice for future rayquaza raids. Used my last 5 cTMs to go through all new moves to go back to ice beam…

Long day yesterday after having to stay at work until 5am and home by 6am (should have been out of work at 2am and sleeping by 3am)
Set the alarm for 10:30 and was out in the car driving around looking for Cat Eggs and Raids with a friend by 11:30.
All up I did 10 up with a 9/10 catch ratio to 6pm before I called it day. The 98-100% still eludes me sadly. Added Some handy ones in 2x 93% 15attack, 1x 93% 14attack and 1x 91% 15attack.

9 days since T5 Raid
29/35
Best so far
x2 96% 14attack
x2 93% 15attack
x1 93% 14attack
x2 91% 15attack
x2 89% 15attack

Will only do 3-4 late ones today as I’m going to spend the day in the shed making Lovebird Breeding Boxes and hit hard agin on Monday as it’s a Public Holiday.

Finally getting some good ones.

And you still have a month.
Glad you are getting these, was worried you would get all these bad ones and quit :sweat_smile:.

Already exists

1 Like

@Kevin260709 I think @NotanotherKangaskhan knew that :sweat_smile:

:man_facepalming: I’ll fix that up shortly.

Got out and was able to fit 5 in before the end of the Raids for the day after making 20 Breeding Boxes :grinning:.
Caught 3, x1 runner and one Glitch out during catching faze but couldn’t restart and resume as Raid time had finished. Always that risk doing a Raid that has 5min left. All were junk so nothing to get upset about.
I did get a 100% on one of the kids accts at the second one. Bit of a :grinning::frowning_face:moment.

10 days since T5 Raid
32/40
Best so far
x2 96% 14attack
x2 93% 15attack
x1 93% 14attack
x2 91% 15attack
x2 89% 15attack

1 Like

Today didn’t quite go according to plan. Was hoping to spend most of the day chasing Cats but got up late after sitting on my local Lure spot 10mins from home from midnight to 4am.
When I did finally go out I wasted the first 90min looking for a Cat Raid or Cat Egg. Drove past 50-60 Gyms before I finally found one. Thankfully the next 3 didn’t take that long to find. By then it was time to head home to go out for dinner.
Caught 3 and had one run. The 98-100% still eludes me :frowning_face:

11 days since T5 Raid
35/44
Best so far
x2 96% 14attack
x2 93% 15attack
x1 93% 14attack
x2 91% 15attack
x2 89% 15attack

I got 2x exactly the same:
13/12/13 - 84% :frowning:
I probably wont be able to get a better one, so I am thinking if I should power him up or not.

I mean its not like 15 and 13 att is that much of a difference.

Got another 3 in yesterday. One on the way to work and 2 on the way home. Another day closer to the months end of MewTwo ending and the big one still eludes me :sweat:
Almost getting to the stage stage where I need to start sending a heap to the Professor to make MewTwo Smoothies :grinning:

12 days since T5 Raid
38/47
Best so far
x2 96% 14attack
x2 93% 15attack
x1 93% 14attack
x2 91% 15attack
x2 89% 15attack

Those 93%s are still amazing imo

They might be useful with Ice Beam hopefully. It’s a pity I couldn’t get them on the Ex Raids as they would be very useful Shadow Balls right night now.

Got 4 in yesterday (1 on way to work again and 3 on the way home) all 4 caught but no good ones :tired_face:

13 days since T5 Raid
42/51
Best so far
x2 96% 14attack
x2 93% 15attack
x1 93% 14attack
x2 91% 15attack
x2 89% 15attack

Did and caught another 4 on the way home from work as my Raid buddy couldn’t do a morning one.
Still no big one to get exicited about and no additions to the keepers list :tired_face:
Still a lot of days left but the clock is ticking.

4th Oct
14 days since T5 Raid
46/55
Best so far
x2 96% 14attack
x2 93% 15attack
x1 93% 14attack
x2 91% 15attack
x2 89% 15attack

1 Like

Early finish at work for me on Friday’s so hit the Raids for work finish to last Raids. Got 10 done and caught them all. Still can’t get the Unicorn but did add a couple more to the keepers list with a 93 and 91% with 15attck. Running out of storage so a cull of all the junk ones will be done today.

Fri 5th Oct
15 days since T5 Raid
56/65
Best so far
x2 96% 14attack
x3 93% 15attack
x1 93% 14attack
x3 91% 15attack
x2 89% 15attack

1 Like