Mega Evolution, Mega Fraud

Lost track of how many mega raids I’ve helped win and still don’t have enough to mega evolve any of the available mega Pokemon except Beedrill.

1 Like

Apparently they’re listening.

• Mega Energy from Raids has been increased (I’ve been getting 70 Energy consistently lately)
  • Repeat Mega Evolutions cost less (1/5th of the original cost as opposed to 1/4th)
  • More changes coming, like walking a Buddy for Mega Energy and such.
3 Likes

It’s an improvement for sure. We’ll see how those other ways to earn mega candy will turn out.:crossed_fingers:

I’m starting to think they made the feature as “cash grab”-like as they could think of and see how much (or little) they have to reduce it so that the bigger part of the community accepts it…

My biggest concern is still the mega energy being per species, thinking of the Megas that have been announced already (Pidgeot, Houndoom, Gengar) and those that probably are in the pipeline. I mean there are 45 different Pokémon that can mega-evolve (I left out Diancie, since it’s not in GO yet). Collecting 45 different kinds of mega energy sounds… exhausting… I’d be fine with this if we got something like rare candy (rare mega energy?) on top of that…

But hey, maybe we will be laughing about our concers in two months or so, because we all got a nice buffer of mega energy, found out when to use it best and what for… Got many nice ways to earn it if we need it, for the species we need it, and maybe we see it just the same way we see candy. I mean… I have stockpiled > 4k Eevee candy… :crazy_face:

It’s a little bit like Lucky Eggs or Super Incubators - once used they disappear.
And no, I don’t like it. You use candies, but the result stays until you let to play the game.
Megaenergy is used like doping in athletism, not a very good image. :-1:

Maybe a possible solution:

You need Megaenergy to evolve the Pokémon, but once done it stays like this.

But - every hour he looses health points, something like a 25%. So, if you want to use him, you have to revive him.

2 Likes

You need mega energy to mega evolve the Pokémon and that mega-evolved Pokémon spend that the same mega energy in different kinds of battles (not 4 hours time limited), say like each battle cost 50 of the 200 mega energy for initial mega evolution and a quarter of 50 mega energy for later mega evolution

These numbers are only for examples.

A suggestion I’ve made was to create something like Mega Candy that you can give to any respective Mega Evolution capable Pokemon, like how Rare Candy can be given to any Pokemon. Maybe 1 Candy equals 5 Energy.

1 Like

Oh, @Mew1, I knew, I tried to give an alternative.

1 Like

So am I, I don’t like the time limit of 4 hours, so I also try to give my idea.

1 Like

Nothing is more irritating than seeing an invite but being just a second too late to accept it. Doesn’t really help when you get the notification for the invitation after it’s timed out.

2 Likes