Major Map Rework

Dear Reader,you may knew for the recent update on the POGO map.New streets,gyms,pokestops and park areas were added.But at the same type a lot of parks,gyms and pokestops dissapeared.In my opinnion this change is pretty interesting.Niantic is really improving their game.

P.S. Please Niantic next time dont remove any gyms,parks,pokestops etc.

The problem is, they have used this time maps more detailed, but with more errors…

It’s openstreetmap getting used now

Map looks very good, but there is one street in my city that is completly removed from game map, it was in before

Well anyone can sign up and submit revisions to OpenSteetMap. So you could create a account and submit the changes you know need to be made and hopefully enough or yours get approved/ added so it can eventually hit POGO and it be corrected. I’m doing this in my area, where I play.

2 Likes

Mmmmh, very strange, the fault I see in PoGo isn’t in the map, when I take a look to openstreetmap.org

They are still pushing the update so they may not be synced up yet.

Since right now Pokemon Go uses OpenStreetMap, will it constantly update if i make some changes in OpenStreetMap? I have no idea… Can someone answer it?

2 Likes

I have been doing osm a while now :smiley:

Unsure, does anyone want to test it out lol?