Machop Field Research Day! (Concept by Pokemon)

While Machop may not look strong, it can lift many times it’s own body weight! Spin the photo disks at nearby Pokestops to obtain Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with the Superpower Pokemon!

Event Date + Time
Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Febuary 24, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
The Americas and Greenland: Febuary 24, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
Asia-Pacific: Febuary 25, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)

Features:
• Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
• Completing the Limited Research tasks will reward you with encounters with Machop.
• You may encounter a Shiny Machop!
• Catching a machop from a field research will award you with 3 times the normal xp and stardust!
• Evolving Machop into Machamp during the event hours will award you with a Machamp with the fighting move Superpower!
• You can obtain up to six field research from a single pokestop by spinning it every 30 minutes.
• You can evolve a machop into Machamp up to one hour after the event to get the exclusive move!

You can work on up to 10 quests at a time.
Quests Available:
Earn One Buddy Candy
Catch a Pokemon
Win a trainer, pvp, or gym battle
Win a raid or a trainer battle
Evolve a Pokemon
Spin a pokestop

Machop is waiting, trainers. It’s time to get out and GO!

7 Likes

No reason Machamp can’t get same type of day Gengar did.

6 Likes

Is this real

5 Likes

No, speculation

2 Likes

No it’s made up my @Pokemon
The idea is to overpowered to happen, Niantic won’t give multiple rewards from a single stop and as far as I know the move selected isn’t in the available movepool.

5 Likes

I know but it’s speculation and i want to be accommodating to rurals.

3 Likes

But otherwise do you like it?

2 Likes

The wording looks real, nice job @Pokemon

I like the extra xp, stardust and exclusive move, it’s like the consolation prize if not catching shiny from Limited Research. There is no consolation prize from Feebas Limited Research

3 Likes

Thanks! I tried really hard and had to use like 10 different things lol!

3 Likes

Appreciate you spending your time to think about this

3 Likes

good job I thought it was real

5 Likes

Sounds awesome

4 Likes

Not sure what to think. It sounds great at first glance, it fixes some of the main points of criticism from Feebas day

• too few stop -> up to 6 quests from one stop
  • there’s a bonus and a special move (the move was the thing I missed the least on Feebas day, though)

But as long as the quests and the time window remain the same, it won’t really fix limited research days. The quests need to be less time consuming…

4 Likes

Whoops! I forgot to post quests lol

3 Likes

@kRe @Branebs @Cup @Necrozmadabest @Cup @Mew1 @Thorend @bobbyjack8 I added quests and tried to make them possible for everyone.

3 Likes

Maybe make it catch/spin 3 pokemon/stops so it isnt too easy and a bit more balanced
Other than that, it sounds great! I really hope we get more raid and research days, they are miles more engaging than the typical long-lasting events

3 Likes

I’m with @Necrozmadabest … Spin 3 stops/catch 3 Pokémon and we have nicely balanced quests. The rest sounds good as it is :+1:

3 Likes

Cool idea also how did I find this in my notifications

2 Likes

I think machop deserves its own cd…the question is…what move would it get

2 Likes

Superpower
Most likely wont make it better anyways, so Conkeldurr is taking his spot anyways

2 Likes