Looking At Spoofing Over The Last Year

Haven’t been able to get on the forum as much as I’d like in the last two weeks due to moving. After I read your article I had to check the forum because I knew this article was from you! Nice job!!

1 Like

Thanks man! Not sure whether to be happy or annoyed that I am so predictable like that😂

How is that click bait? Those people actually had an articuno and it was due to a mistake by niantic…I think they removed it from the account later.

Also, you seem obsessed with hacking and spoofers and trying to rationalize it…I have my theories as to why (and how you were so “lucky” to get all 26 unowns), but why go into it.

1 Like

I am not trying to rationalise it, as you might have worked out from reading the article. You may have your theories and I have admitted to spoofing due to injury, but I would be interested in hearing the rest of it.

Also, if I am pro-spoofing (like many suggest) than I would be upset that no hack has worked for the last two days. I did catch the Unown legitimately, I have shared my pictures with the Forum, so what more do I have to prove to anyone that I am on your side of the argument?

Finally, the definition of ClickBait is “
content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.” Those videos fit that description perfectly.

For my Article, I have been getting hate, and I don’t understand it at all. Why would people go and shout at a 14 year old in the comments because he’s evil and a disgrace to the forum and the community. The only thing I have learned from this is that grown adults take games too seriously.

1 Like

Don’t mind the haters man. For them, once a spoofer’s always a spoofer. But atleast we know for ourselves that we have changed. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, at least someone understands it😀

Are you kidding me? It’s all click bait. Know who else click baits? Legit flipping news stories. Not the hub really but many of these other article writers title like:

“Shocking update”
“Legendary update”
“New and exciting…”

Then you click and it’s simply Silph road APK decoding or other completely baseless rumors. Everyone click baits and it’s frustrating.

Here’s a mild example. What’s the update? Oh, nothing? Just an opinion on how this games popularity might start to slip? Geez…that sounds like, well, every game ever. And Go has already beaten most.

Simply put, you had all of the unowns before they were made common in Chicago and now Japan. All 26 unique unowns. This is a Pokémon that a lot of frequent players (including myself) have never even seen once. The odds that you caught them all legit even using a tracker is extremely unlikely.

To break it down further, please read this Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5v3nv5/it_would_take_100_wild_catches_to_get_all_the/

If you encounter one unown per week (which is a ridiculously high spawn rate for them) it would take you two years before the odds say you would have the entire alphabet. But by some lucky miracle you managed to get all 26 legitimately in months.

I don’t doubt you have them, but I would bet everything I have you spoofed to get them. You can lie if you want, but don’t be surprised when actual players call you out.

Also, I didn’t know that no hacks have worked in two days because I don’t use them and don’t care. If I was a spoofer and had to pay attention to such things, I would likely have that information… as you do. :wink:

I was talking about that specific mystic7 video. Someone actually had articuno in the game. It makes you want to watch the video, but it wasn’t complete BS like fsuatl is known for

And yes, it’s not unique to you tubers. All news services have pretty much trended toward click bait titles.

I think Josh did a very nice rundown of spoofing. It was well written and an interesting read.

That said, this thread is getting a lot of people’s blood pressure up, and it really is no longer productive so I’m closing down the thread.

2 Likes