Linking PTC Login on Existing Pokemon GO Account

Hi Everyone!

Just want to ask and clarify regarding Niantic’s Announcement a few weeks ago stating changes in PTC. One sentence seems like those who did not create their account using PTC Login could now or after some time Link a PTC Login to their account?

The announcement seems confusing to me…

Also, if you do not have an additional login method attached to your Pokémon GO account, we recommend adding one so you don’t lose access to your account in the event that one particular login service becomes unavailable. After this change has been completed, any Trainers who do not currently have a Pokémon Trainer Club account linked to Pokémon GO will be eligible to receive a reward for linking one. Learn how to add an additional login method to your account here.

I’m PTC and have done nothing at this stage.

The way I read it is they would like all PTC acct players to link their account to email or face book as a secondary login method.
If you do you’ll get a reward.
We all know how generous cough cough BS Niantic are with their rewards. Thanks here’s 2 Red Balls :rofl:

It sounded like maybe they are trying to get everybody to link to PTC, which would be consistent with the way they have been steering us toward using Pokemon GO Web Store for buying coins. Aren’t the increased royalty costs (for using Google Play Store for installing PoGO) looming at the end of the month?

1 Like

They are just making things harder for players :grin:

1 Like

Now they pushed it to a Timed Research lasting the month of January, with 1K Stardust reward and an incubator. I bet they aim to cut ties with Google, entirely. App downloads, in-app purchases, and even login validation.

So generous with their enticement reward to :joy:

1 Like

I have manage account that has PTC Login before to add PTC on the LInked Accounts inside Pokemon GO App.

So I was thinking that time that PTC Login could be added with ALL Pokemon GO account now.

But then, on other account that I believe was created under a Google Account, the ability to add a PTC Login is not present.

So that might mean that we can only link a PTC Login when a Pokemon GO Account was originally created using a PTC Login.

Maybe, but my account is 100% created in Google, and in my settings appear the posibility to link it to PTC.

1 Like

Good for your account.

And thanks for the info.

I hope we could have such too. Will try to check from time to time if such could be available in our account too.

I just been successful with adding PTC Login to other accounts that I believe was created using Google ID.

But there are weird processes to be able to do it :smile: that I just stumbled upon through Trial and Error…

1st, to be able to make the prompt appear under Account inside Settings, you need to come from another account that uses other form of Login like for me, I need first to Sign in using one of my account with a Facebook Login, then after logging in, you log it out then open your target account using for example Google Login, on my experience, ONLY then that the Link to PTC will be available. weird indeed! :smile:

Then, you can now try to Link the PTC account to your existing Pokemon GO Account, you will be required to Login using the PTC Details and then most probably, your effort will be greeted with Login Failure, weirdier isn’t it? :smile:

But do not surrender, just try again for another or two and then It could be successful, just like on my own experience :smile:

Good Luck and tell us your experience too!

And by the way, why would you go to this inconvenience just to be able to Link a PTC Account to your existing Pokemon Account? Well, as I’ve had read, once linked, it could not be Unlinked for the time being, perhaps in the future, it depends to Niantic of course.

Well as I see it, the PTC Login would give your account another Level of Security in case your Google or Facebook Logins had been compromised, since other person could not unlink the account to your PTC Account, so as long as you have complete access to your PTC Account, any chance that someone may unlink either your Google or Facebook Logins or Both, you still have some sort of a backdoor to your Pokemon GO Account.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try if I have any trouble. Assuming, of course, that I decide to comply and link. I think I registered my main to PTC several years ago; but I’m not totally certain; and I know I never did the same for my alt.

1 Like

You could try unearthing :grin: old emails from the account that you might have used in registering the old PTC Account link to your Pokemon GO account if that is already the case, and of course, you could not link another PTC Account anymore, and that PTC Account should already show itself inside your Pokemon Account settings.

If no PTC Account is indeed linked, you can link an existing PTC Account or you can also create a new (fresh to mind :grin:) PTC Login account.

Then proceed to link it in your Pokemon GO Account.

I was grateful I always bother to take notes of account details, using Keep from Google, because that is my go to secretary :grin: and as a price for deligently doing that, I was able to recover my daughter’s old account from 2016, by unearthing old emails and notes, thereby having enough proof to present to Niantic that indeed, the account was owned by us.

The only ones that I wrecked is my own and that of my wife since I wrongfully overwrite the account by creating a later account using the same login details.

So as a tip, if anything happens to your account, even to Social Media like Facebook, if it was compromised and you temporarily lost access, DO NOT TRY to Create a New Account using Details from the old problematic account because it could overwrite data that would help companies like Niantic, Google, Facebook assist you for the recovery.

Also act early as possible when you notice any issue with your account, and DO NOT let time passby as the data trail will still be fresh that could help in a speedy recovery.

This is one example of what I am describing…

1st image is when I usually login the account, it is a Google account. The link to PTC is not available.

2nd image now shows the PTC link button and prompt. This only happens when I iniatially login an account with a different login method than Google like for example Facebook. Then I logout that account and login the Google account of the one that we want to add PTC login.

The PTC linking is now possible.

And this 3rd image show the list of logins after successfully linking a newly created PTC account. Please be reminded that it does not always link that easily at first try, I always got Unable to Link Error Message a few tries.

Only after trying a few more, sometimes requiring closing and reopening of the Pokemon GO app and logging in Facebook of another account and then Google of the target account before you can, as almost LUCKILY being able to SUCCESSFULLY… Then… Link the PTC login :grin:

The trick is not to GIVE UP until it is DONE :laughing:

1 Like