Lets talk - (anything)

Good grief, you’re right. The back-to-back Tapu Bouu and Shadow Entei seemed so close to this year. What threw me off was how much overlap there was, it’s almost like they haven’t really come out with anything new for a year or more.

Oh, wait, that’s practically the case. To borrow a phrase from Rosanne Rosannadanna, “Never mind.” Still haven’t completely recovered from the Holy Week crunch and Easter…

2 Likes

Chatting with little Miss Kanga the other day about 100% Shiny’s and 100% Shadow’s.

She questioned why a 100% Shiny is called a Shundo and not a Shindow. The only thing I could come up with was that Shadows were not in the game when the term Shundo was mentioned.
She does have a great point that Shindow for Shiny and Shundow for Shadows would be much better.
Shinshundow would be good for a Shiny 100% Shadow.

2 Likes

And Purundo for a purified…

1 Like

And fucondo for a fully powered-up costume hundo :crazy_face:

1 Like
1 Like

Eh?!? Exactly how many horns does Mega Heracross have? :face_with_monocle: :joy:

5 Likes

1 horn, 2 horn . . . I guess it’s just horny…

4 Likes

What do you think?

Could it simply be more window-dressing?

Maybe visible shops, to let in-game purchases be in the game instead of just a menu item? Or revive and healing stations for after battle?

Gut feeling that there isn’t anything substantially new there (like distance trading).

2 Likes

Well, they remember me of something in the old and newer Pokémon games, official ones and mmorpg… so, let’s see what will it be

Today we have a partly cloudy day, which is quite common in SF. Not so common, though, is that the main game display appears to have shadows of clouds moving along the ground. I could be the last to notice (for all I know we could have had that for awhile); but it’s the first time I noticed it. A purely cosmetic feature, which could fairly irk players who have major bugs not being addressed by Niantic. But it’s a nice touch, nonetheless.

The mayor differences here are shadow buildings on the horizon, more details when you try to catch, and… up to now I had to restart the phone three times. Two times trying to enter a raid, and once trying to see the map.

Ah, and a new Pokémon has aqppeared, a Wigglett.

It’s the the day @celery has warned us about.
Start game up this morning and 2 of the family accts will not load up/join the server. No error msg or time out. They get 3/4 the way to loading if then just hang there forever. Both are PTC accts.
My main loaded up fine and that is PTC also.
All 3 devices are exactly the same model iPhone. Will see what happens 12hrs later when I finish work.

My account works fine. No issues except sometimes a tiny bit of lag when clicking on a mon, but that’s negligible and expectable.

I did notice the game is slightly lagging but not notably bad at least so far. Let’s hope it stays like that. I am glad I got a new phone recently though because my old heater probably couldn’t have run the game anymore.

1 Like

I’m pleased that most of the people on here seem to be largely unaffected by the ‘background graphics’ update.

Me? I’m still suffering.

I must have missed the announcement from Niantic that you now need to upgrade your phone to the iPhone6million$ or the Samsung Multiverse SS29p, or you’ll be forever locked out of the game.

Unfortunately, like billions of other old people, poor people, children with hand-me-downs, technophobes, and Singaporean Grandmas I’m still using my phone from 2 years ago - and therefore I don’t deserve to play Pokemon Go.

:disappointed:

2 Likes

No, no, there have to be more reasons. I play on one hand with a
Redmi Note 9, and on the other side with a normal Redmi 9.
Both are not soo new, both from 2020

1 Like

My phone is 4 and a half years old but I don’t have any issues with the graphics.

2 Likes

iPhone 2020 SE x3.
They are essentially the same as an iPhone 8.
The SE had a slightly better battery life in performance testing. I think the iPhone 8 is 1-2 older than the 2020 SE.

1 Like

After 7 months of waiting, my first route is finally live in the game!

4 Likes