January 10th backup

Dear fellow users of the forums

First of all, we hope you’re doing Well

When we tried to update the software on which the forum runs, some issues occurred that forced us to revert the forums to the last backup, made on january 10th.

We are working on updating the forums.
Thanks @Jormdeworm and @apavlinovic for doing their best to resolve the issue.

5 Likes

Ok I wondered. Thanks for putting in the time to fix this, @Jormdeworm and @apavlinovic! Glad we had a backup. I had leveled up to trust level 2 but it’s fine if you can’t immediately send me up to that, I’ll earn it soon enough again anyway.

1 Like

I changed your trust level just now, you should be back at trust level 2.

2 Likes

For the time being we are looking for a fix and hope we will still be able to update the forum to the latest versions without the whole software breaking in the future. Until this is fixed we unfortunately cannot really improve the experience on the forum.

1 Like

Thank you @Jormdeworm. Is it still worthwhile to post on the forums right now or will it all get erased next time you update things?

1 Like

Maybe a good procedure will be first to force a securitycopy, and after to try the update.
So nothing will be lost.

1 Like

We’ll make a backup next time. Also we are not updating anything until we have discovered and solved the issue, so in the meanwhile multiple automatic backups will be created as well. You should be fine posting for now.

3 Likes