It's not just the avatar update

Tl;dr - The biome and “Rediscovering Kanto” updates suck, and I expect the last “rediscovering” update to be just as bad as the last three updates.

Long version
I got into the game with my family while we lost a member, and it got us a little closer. I was enjoying it until the last few updates, events, and raids (separate rants). I’m not going to rant about the avatars, and the terrible community manager that’s ruining Pokémon Go (Kestral Riot). It’s been done by other people. It’s everything else that worsened since the first Revisit updates:

Biomes are great looking, but I feel like I’m catching less varieties of Pokémon like I used to since the Kanto and Biome update. I was catching a little variety of Pokémon like a squirtle or a greavard with the endless pidgeys and weedles. What am i getting now? More pidgeys and weedles with less squirtles thanks to Biomes. I’m rarely getting anything interesting from the updates and biomes out of a Drillbur if the game feels like dropping them. My Pokémon pool feels so limited since the updates happened, and I’m barely getting anything good on my routes even with any kind of incense. The worst thing about the Kanto update? No shot at Ditto despite Oddishes and Rhyhorns were around my area. Also, can we move on from Kanto? Johto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn had great Pokémon.

I’m expecting the “Rediscovering your Reality” to be a big disaster. The question is how are they going to screw this one up? Have you noticed Niantic and the terrible CM have been very quiet about the updates since the avatar update got a lot of backlash, and people bashed the other two updates? I haven’t heard anything about the Reality update.

Hello,
it’s like allways, they do four updates in one moment, and after we have to discuss. Is it the bad effect of this update, or is it the result of the sum of 2 or 3 of them…
From the beginning I had learned that you have to insert only one change by step, if you really want to analyse the effects.

It’s everything. These updates are awful. I’m not even seeing featured Pokémon like Zangoose and Seviper where im at. All I’m seeing are pidgeys and mankeys, maybe a ralts or poliwag if the game feels nice. The biomes really affected the Pokémon spawns for the worse because if you’re not in some area with accessible biomes like California, you’re screwed.

It’s stupid how we have a Kanto event, yet Ditto is still impossible to get.

It really doesn’t make sense to make an update clarifying biomes and really emphasizing the difference between them and then dropping Bulbasaur and the rest of the boys everywhere.

Doesn’t considers avatar update as disastrous, as it has nothing to do with game play experience. Not understands the outrage by people, even though other areas without proper improvisation exists which is not acknowledged by Niantic…

Treats this as idea to maintain/preserve the rarity of Gen-I, which was officially out in 1997. Gen-X DLC is also finished by now in mainline series of Pokemon. Niantic doesn’t have much options with them for Kanto, with Mega Mewtwo and Armored Mewtwo being their only possible plans.

If the said Pokemon are also out, then Kanto might be said as somewhat extinct, as starters had got their CDC as well. Also adds Dragonite as well.

Therefore applauds Niantic for this, because this might be the correct way to keep oldest generation intact and important, rather fading off eventually due to ease of availability. Thinks like this personally…

Some reaction isn’t outrage, but just dismay.

1 Like

Agrees with your statement completely.

But after seeing lots of reactions across various websites on internet, quoting comments from Reddit, Twitter, etc. it feels like outrage especially after considering selection of words, modded images, over-reacting agonize views, etc.

Also remembers an article where it was commented that people want refund for their avatar items. Believes it to be wrong claim. Has felt similar or higher pain when used to play GBL, but never got refund/generosity/reward/etc for the amount of effort put into. Only got automated-responses.

I’m not surprised to see how disappointing the last “Rediscovering” event is. Sorry, but changes to the AR and adding 2 more Pokémon with flare will not save this game when less people are playing and raiding. The game is still a buggy, laggy mess, and now I’m getting freezes or crashes when I try to catch Pokémon. The Rediscovering events are duds.

It needs to be said: Kestral Riot needs to get removed from the Community Manager position, and replaced with some competent person. Go Fest is only going to bring back so many players unless it’s a train wreck of an event.

What you don’t understand is before Biomes were a thing you would see varieties of Pokémon that might be tied to seasons or the week. I would see more Pokémon in my area like a Kabutops or a Greavard. All I see are Pidgeys and whatever event week Pokémon Niantic dumps on us (I can’t wait for more Pidgeys /sarcasm). Pokémon spawns have been pretty barren since Kanto started. Something is wrong when my rarest Pokémon from Rediscovering Kanto is a Flareon, and it’s event worse knowing Niantic purposely didn’t give us a shot at Ditto with Oddish and Rhyhorn roaming around. Rivals event just added more salt to the wound.

If I spent money on costumes, and they’re ruined by this avatar update that only panders to 5 creeps on Twitter, I’d be upset too. No one can legitimately defend the avatar update and the drama it’s causing. This change wasn’t needed compared to fixing other game issues Niantic and Kestral intentionally ignored.

Agrees with AR Update. Sees it pretty useless and tougher to execute as well. Will avoid using that feature most probably, doesn’t helps at all.

Remembers the time, when there used to be one or two Pokemon spawning on the writer’s map. Feels most old members know about it.

Let the Rediscover Kanto get finished, then you should be seeing those spawns. Acknowledges Kanto spawns as event-based, and most event-based Pokemon which one can spot easily are common.

The Kanto Event was tied along with Biomes update, and again reiterates this as way to preserve the oldest generation, and expects that Kanto Spawns might get rare moving ahead. Missing of some Kanto Pokemon should be due to this analogy, because making them available in this event makes sure that people will avoid/hate Kanto Pokemon in future.

Hence sees the unavailability of those Pokemon as good thing.

Expects the same view from most players have ease of playing conditions if all Kanto Pokemon would have been available now, and then again getting some future event based on Kanto would have been taken place.

This abysmal Kanto event is over. Now let’s see if Biomes are actually good (spoiler: they’re still going to suck).

1 Like

I still see them just as much. I didn’t even notice it was over to be honest.

1 Like