Is 2 cosmogs even possible my friend said it isn’t?

:frowning: was at break at work today and caught a second cosmog and realized after what had just happened anyone know anything I looked it up and you’re supposed to only be able to have one?

Sorry would upload both appraised for proof I caught both during special research but since I’m new to the forums it only lets me do one photo!:frowning:

Both were released as a special research.
Not 100% on the time lines if they were 6 or 12 months apart?
If you never completed the first one in a few weeks or months it just sits there until such time you complete it.
What you done is completed and claimed the first one around the same time as you’ve completed and claimed the second one.
It’s much along the same lines as not completing the Giovanni part of the Rocket Research. You can get multiples of a Shadow Pokémon if you don’t complete the final stages for the Giovanni battle over if you do each one normally you can only get 1. With the change of each Giovanni Reward Pokémon comes a new set of tasks/battles.

That’s interesting thanks for the information! So if my friends didn’t take as long as me too to the research they can’t have two? I was googling and everywhere said it’s not possible, couldn’t even find a mention of the idea.

Everyone should be able to get 2.
They must have an outstanding Field Research to complete.
If they think they’ve completed them all they need to look closer. One may have minimised itself they are not aware of.
An example below of Research minimised.

If they are missing one of the 2 Special Field Research I don’t have an answer for that as I’m not aware of them disappearing once they are started. Unless they disappear if you haven’t completed any tasks at all?

Okay thanks for the information I’ll check with my friend lol

Ok, I done some more digging for you @Ovenclown

There were 2 Special Researches.
First on was 3 Parts.
Part 1 Sept 2022
Part 2 Oct 2022
Part 3 Nov 2022
There were 15 Research Stages all up

Second one was June 2023

Interesting rumor. Never heard about that. But I turned my first Cosmog into a Lunala before getting my second Cosmog (which became a Solgaleo). Never had 2 Cosmogs at the same time; but that proves nothing…

I had both before I evolved 1.

No evolving was required to obtain a second one.

1 Like

I just finished that quest line. That is the only way to get the second cosmog.

Yeah, @Brobraam , but the question was, if you can get the second Cosmog “before” you evolve the first one.

Oh. I had thought it was something like the question of how many Shadow Mewtwo we could have (back when I had 5 from saving special research that finished with Giovanni, and most trainers who did the research right away wound up with only 3).