In-App Purchases (Regional)

Please note that I moved to the UK from Pakistan on the 2nd of September, 2023 and i regularly play Pokémon Go. Niantic is really taking advantage of the strength of the british pound and charging a lot in the store with nothing being different in the webstore. They’re charging £1 for 100 while when I played in Pakistan it was just 50 Rs for 100 coins. 50 Pakistani Rupees isn’t even worth paying a homeless person as the currency is deeply depreciated but it can be put to use in Pokémon Go. Now the problem is that I changed my location in the app store and added my Pakistani card but my bank informed me that the merchant is rejecting my payments which is itunes. Even the price appears as Rs in the app but I can’t make a purchase. Kindly help me out with this, because I need to buy a lot of coins and when I purchase with my Pakistani card, it’s gonna be a huge discount for me. What should I do to purchase in the app?

I use an iPhone 15 and I tried reinstalling the app but the same problem came up. Also please note that the offer to purchase 100 coins with 50 Rs isn’t available in the webstore.

Looks like they have been filtering purchase base on location of player and not just the settings of payment. Many players had been problematic with such in Android and Google Pay.

It will says something like mismatch with your country settings in your payment details which is funny since your payment is working before and you have not change anything with it.

Bottomline they are blocking payment from places where players could get a cheaper prices.