IDEAS: Do you know what would be great?

NOTE - LMUB is short for Legendaries, Mythicals, Ultra Beasts (I know, it sounds silly, but I like acronyms, LOL)

Rare Mega Energy - We have Rare Candy, Rare Candy XL, which is abysmally low, but no Rare Mega Energy. I guess the reason for this is to keep us raiding, but that doesn’t really help anyone who can’t raid hardcore, which is probably most people. But everyone essentially do raid the more popular Mega Pokémon.

F2P (Free To Play) Raids - Making common Pokémon F2P raid bosses and “premium” Pokémon like Rockruff, Hisuian Braviary, or an LMUB require a battle pass I feel would be a necessary improvement. I’m fully aware that Niantic is a company and has to generate money to continue maintaining their products, but in no way should Nidorino (who can’t be shiny), regular Party Hat Charizard or Mega Manetric be accessed with a free or purchasable battle pass. Raids are great but not everything in a raid should be accessed with a battle pass. It’s not 2017 anymore!

Assistance for Rural Trainers - I wrote about this on the latter part of 2022, but basically it explains a few ways that the game could help trainers limited on Pokéstops and gyms in their area.

Mega & Buddy Pokémon Boosts - If our Mega Pokémon and buddies didn’t lose their limited time boosts when switched out during a 24hr period**. Imagine yourself doing a raid train where there are multiple Pokémon you’re that you’re targeting or if you’re playing an event where every other task is an Earn X hearts with your buddy task. Wouldn’t it be nice if the boost would still be active once you switch back?

Trade Tracker On Trade Screen - I know that you can exit the friends list and open your Pokémon storage, but that’s not very time efficient. A counter would be very helpful.

Global Trading - And speaking of trading, make global trading a feature that has reasonable restrictions**. Niantic has verbally stated that this would break the game, but I humbly disagree. If you want to ensure that people enjoy playing your game don’t tread down the wrong path out of desperation, then this needs to happen so that it cripples the darker side of trading that I won’t speak of.

Daily Summary - A daily stats card that summarizes down what you’ve done that day**. It could be shareable like the DAI catch card after you’ve completed your 15min walk.

I’m telling you, if Niantic made any of these changes, you’d see the playerbase just multiply. GGs.

1 Like

Absolutely agreed. Also the Tier 1 and Tier 3 Raids that spawn in the wild as well should be accessed without a pass, nobody is going to pay for those anyway, but if I were to run a Furfrou Raid and it was just free to raid then maybe I’d care, and I guess many others would agree with me on this.

While your idea of using the Buddy Pokémon seems great to me I thought about it in another way and wanted to make an article about it at some point.

Basically what it comes down to is that Niantic should fill every accessible Level 14 S2 Cell (I’m pretty sure they know exactly which cell isn’t accessible and which is because I never see spawns in the ocean or on the highway) with one Bonus Gym. Once two actual POI are added, one of those becomes a Gym and the Bonus Gym disappears. Bonus Gyms can’t have a Gym Badge and will be spinnable for a small amount of items. They could also make it so the Gym changes Level 17 Cells each day or weak to promote exploring within a Level 14 S2 Cell. If this is too much asked they could also have the players nominate a location for a Bonus Gym and then Niantic employees or Wayfarers could look into the location and decide whether it should have a Bonus Gym or not, and if the system detects another Gym it would immediately reject the request.

This way it’d mean rurals will get a chance to play, exploring is promoted, and Niantic will see a better income result and more Raids will be done as well which also results in more income for Niantic, and they have all the required resources ready too, so it seems like a huge win for everyone.

I, too, disagree, and the solution is simple. They could either limit it to Lucky Friends only, if or make not everything tradable for friends outside range (for example block Unown, Regionals, Mythicals) from being traded. They could also have the trade distance towards the badge only count for trades in range, if that would make it easier for Niantic.

• Another thing I’d like to add is an in-game calendar that lets us keep track of which event starts and ends at what time and date rather than having to look that up all the time and it would avoid people from not knowing there was an event going on.

While your idea of using the Buddy Pokémon seems great to me I thought about it in another way and wanted to make an article about it at some point.

Basically what it comes down to is that Niantic should fill every accessible Level 14 S2 Cell (I’m pretty sure they know exactly which cell isn’t accessible and which is because I never see spawns in the ocean or on the highway) with one Bonus Gym. Once two actual POI are added, one of those becomes a Gym and the Bonus Gym disappears. Bonus Gyms can’t have a Gym Badge and will be spinnable for a small amount of items. They could also make it so the Gym changes Level 17 Cells each day or weak to promote exploring within a Level 14 S2 Cell. If this is too much asked they could also have the players nominate a location for a Bonus Gym and then Niantic employees or Wayfarers could look into the location and decide whether it should have a Bonus Gym or not, and if the system detects another Gym it would immediately reject the request.

This way it’d mean rurals will get a chance to play, exploring is promoted, and Niantic will see a better income result and more Raids will be done as well which also results in more income for Niantic, and they have all the required resources ready too, so it seems like a huge win for everyone.

The one issue here is that I don’t think that Niantic has a big enough workforce that can maintain this regularly. And with how much Wayfarer gets abused due to limited moderation I’m fearful that this would escalate even more nefarious activity.

I, too, disagree, and the solution is simple. They could either limit it to Lucky Friends only, if or make not everything tradable for friends outside range (for example block Unown, Regionals, Mythicals) from being traded. They could also have the trade distance towards the badge only count for trades in range, if that would make it easier for Niantic.

Another thing I’d like to add is an in-game calendar that lets us keep track of which event starts and ends at what time and date rather than having to look that up all the time and it would avoid people from not knowing there was an event going on.

Totally, adding restrictions like banning certain regionals, increasing trade costs on certain Pokémon, time gating when something can be traded, and so much more would not only guarantee that the market doesn’t get saturated, it would also keep the feature’s integrity intact. Sure, you can trade your friend in the Netherlands a Jangmo-O, but its trade value will have to be recalculated due to the trade distance, friendship level, current market cost, etc. And to make it even spicier, add a block if too many have been marketed. This would be so insanely fun to figure out, LOL

1 Like

That is definitely true, but in this case I doubt it’d matter too much as unreachable Gyms wouldn’t be useful anyway. But they could also just scrap the Wayfarer idea and just have a Bonus Gym in Cells that also have spawns.