How will Megas work in the game?

Your talking bout console in a fast paced fighter this game have error and lag i cant see it having animation evolution during a fight and i wouldnt want pokemongo to be turn based at all yall want this to be a gameboy game so bad it ridiculously funny. There so much different with this game and handheld and your downgrading the game to be similar now

1 Like

I just want to know what your ideal battle format is, you can’t possibly think that the current tap-and-swipe is the ideal battle format

I dont care about updating battle system. im talkin strictly bout Mega Evolution and how it shouldn’t be a back and forth thing. Both your options to it are lame. If IT is back and forth it will be just like raid passes you get TWO a day one free and one you’ll pay for. MY idea is you recieve the item from pokestop like the “other” evolution item and can evolve 1 mon into mega forever. It last longer you get your mega and everyone wins. The rarerity will be so high that no one can spam megas and YOU also can drop as many in gym.

Win Win for everyone and all. Rather my idea of evolution items than paying for limited mon. Just to repeat myself from earlier post
this a phone game we’ll lag during evoltion during a fight and thats a waste of time. I wont be evolving during a fight and see a cut scene or stand still to be a little more powered up this isnt Dbz.

edit- im highly against turn base for this game and doubt it ever becomes that

1 Like

Mega stones aren’t a one use item, once you have it you’re good, so I don’t see why they would make yo pay to mega evolve. I could see the mega stones being 7 day streak rewards. And if they do incorporate megas into the current system I picture it occurring during that screen where it shows your PokĂ©mon and the opposing PokĂ©mon and how many battles each has won

If it’s one then you only can mega evolve 1. It should be attached to one Mon at a time thus you can have multiples so you can drop in gym. Or are you saying you get this “superrrr rare item” and you can spam it as much as you want.

Quick question to my outside sources:

edit- Once your mon dies your using that same stone. To evolve another? Niantic wants profit
i can see it being either you get it and evolve forever or you pay to have more than 1 mega

Mega evolution wouldnt make it turnbased, I fail to see where you are comming from

You said opposite side of switch pokemon button thus its during fight thus lag. Not turn base not happening.

Why are you both against keeping megas forever
you rather have the reverted forms? I would rather Megas stay forever. Go catch another if you miss the original. Thats my main point i don’t wanna go back and forth with evolving. Yes thats how megas work, no they don’t gotta be like this in PkmGo.

IMO, the main idea of Mega is that you choose you’re favorite Mon and that’s the only one you can mega evolve. As for some mons it takes them from being mediocre to game changers, would be very OP to have more than one per player. So would have to be on a buddy system. You’re buddy stays mega evolved whilst it is your buddy and has the appropriate mega stone. As in the main games the idea is that it only mega evolves in battle and returns to normal after it goes back into the ball. I think this would be the best option. Keeps people form having legions of mega’s. No need for evolve screen in battle and hence lag, and no need for an extra botton/change of gym dynamics. Plus this way you can get a cool screengrab of Charizard Y standing next to you :smiley:
In regards to getting the mega stone though. I think they should have quests that require you to use a single mon for certain things. If you use the mon for all tasks, you get that particular mega stone.

4 Likes

Maybe two buddies? I farm mewtwo candy but then again
mega mewtwo hmmmm Rather that than the other idea or mine

Charge moves also use buttons
How would one press of a button cause lag and make it a turn based combat?

Cause its evolution
its not just attacking its transforming allowing yourself to be hit what dont you understand

Changes attack , defense, and maybe the typing, thats it

Your talking bout stats im talking in game fictionality. Idc bout stats im telling you transforming in game will cause lag. Understand that first then maybe concieve a more sturdy idea of mega evolution. The buddy system makes more sense atleast then its already evolved. Hence no lag.

I personally would like a way to see mega pokemon in the pokedex.

You would.

1 Like

Obviously as a form, like Castform or Unown

1 Like

Altaria scrolling through this thread with his fingers crossed

Plenty of ways to implement mega. Having to attach it to a specific Pokemon would be a logical first step.
Addition to that could be only having a chance that the Pokemon with the megastone turns mega, like, after it gets hit for the first time in battle, it’d have a 50/50 chance to turn mega. On subsequent hits taken: no chance.
Another possible addition would be requiring a ton of candy or berries to activate the mega. Would make for a great Golden Razz sink, the game could definitely use one.

:eyes: :man_shrugging:t5:Rather it stay permanent. it makes Sense.

1 Like