How long are Lugia and Articuno going to be around for?

How long are Lugia and Articuno going to be around for? I didn’t get a chance to catch them recently. Niantic wasn’t really clear on how long they’d last but the Pokemon website did state that Articuno would only be around for a brief while.

I have no idea, I haven’t seen the answer to this question, but I’m also curious.

I would think the lvl 5 raids will be much rarer than they have been the last two days. I got a lugia, but still need the articuno, so I hope they’re not too rare.

These legendary raids have really energized the local pogo community where I live. I haven’t seen this many people out playing since the first month or so

Talk about energized, the PoGo community where I live has me drowning in a sea of level 20-33 rival trainers right now. A level 22 Mystic player took down my Blissy and five more mons in my home gym that I haven’t had the time to feed berries to in the last three days. I knocked out a rivals level 2,100 CP Gollem this morning before going in to work and when I went to the same gym after work the same Gollem was back in the gym but now it had a CP of 2,5000. Love seeing the pokemon go community extremely alive again!

I think Lugia might be gone for good now…using a worldwide scanner I can see no Lugia at all, only Articuno.

There was a Lugia raid here at 6:22 this morning so I would say they are stil around :thinking:

Niantic blog post reveals Articuno raids will last until July 31st. Moltres July 31-August 7, Zapdos August 7-14. nianticlabs.com/blog/

1 Like

Damn, better stockpile the raid passes while they’re slightly discounted

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they will rotate the 1rst and 2nd Gen Legendaries indefinitely. If you missed them this time, they will be back in a month. Once Gen 3 hits, you might have to wait 2 months before they will be back.

I got this information from my friend living in Hong Kong that Lugia will be in the raids until the whole legendary birds raids finish. Not 100% confirmed, and welcome to correct me.

I did saw Lugia on my way to work this morning (0730 Malaysia Time), but the GO Fest bonus is still there. I can’t confirm now because there is no legendary raids happening my area right now (1000 Malaysia Time).

UPDATE:
Lugia has been sighted (1008 Malaysia Time). The possibility of Lugia spawns until the end of legendary birds raids have been raised.