How do we get the hoenn special research to start?

The choice of Ruby or Sapphire has been made. Medal for each has been received. Now what? Nothing is happening. When the heck does this research begin? Or how do I get it started now? Do I have to update and restart the app or something?

Only the Vegas attendees got the Research this weekend - the rest of us get it next weekend with the free global Hoenn Tour event.

(And it’s meant to be ‘harder to complete’ for us saps too :shushing_face:)

1 Like

Thanks. I got confused when I finished the 2-step timed research and clicking the research button in the screen’s lower right corner didn’t bring a list of tasks, but a popup telling me to choose Ruby or Sapphire… Wasn’t helped by the ticket showing two different ranges of dates, both of which had already come.

Will look forward to next weekend, then. Hoping work breaks will overlap with the event, at least a little. (It will be even harder for me to complete if I can’t play it!)

It’s Special Research not Timed - so it is not necessary to complete (or even play) during the event next weekend.

Also… you have pay to get the Research - that Ruby/Sapphire ticket is really just an indication of which Team you’ve chosen for the ‘collective Global Challenge’ things.

:moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Masterworks Research is in the shop available to buy now…
Five bucks for a shiny Jirachi and very little else :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Definitely not purchasing anything before I’ve seen the global Hoenn Tour myself. If I’m not satisfied with it I’m not buying anything :no_entry_sign::x:

2 Likes