Help Desk - Need help, building a Great League team as a beginner!

I’m fairly new to the game and been wanting to get into the the great league a bit more seriously. But building a decent team with very limited pokemons is a nightmare for a beginner. If anyone has any suggestions that would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

After some research these seems to be the best options out of the pokemons I currently have. So a decently well-rounded team out of three of those would be optimal.

I’m able to evolve the eevee into an umbreon, the wooper into a quagsire, aswell as the machop to a machamp. To power up the low cp pokemons is also doable.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Although I’m not the most ideal person to help you with this I can say Toxicroak and Umbreon are decent Great League options. I’m not sure if they make a good pair together, though, but I think those two are a pretty solid starting team. Not sure what’s the best option for the third Pokemon, though.

I also would not recommend using Machamp as lang as it has Frustration as its Charged Move. There is a chance we will be able to get rid of that move during the second part of the upcoming Halloween event and then your Shadow Machop evolved into Machamp might be a very solid pick as well.

Edit: I’m also convinced Mud Shot/Hydro Cannon Swampert and Mudkip spawns will make a return during the December Community Day. This Pokemon has been my absolute favorite to use in all the standard Leagues (Great League, Ultra League & Master League) so that’s probably also worth the wait.

2 Likes

Much appreciated. I’ll take your recommendation to heart, as well as look forward to the December Community Day.

1 Like

I also am not that great a pvp player, but I do believe Haunter is a pretty decent pick for great league

1 Like

I do know that this website is very useful to teambuilding for PVP:

1 Like

Much obliged. The site sure makes it a bit easier, & I’ll have to give Haunter a shot then.

1 Like