Guide - Sky Attack Moltres in the Pokemon GO meta: is it worth powering up?

In short: Not really

But still a good option if you want machamp raids. But the question is: should I tm my only shiny moltres or keep it sky attack?

Ther are still superior options
And I would say no, even if you will use it

1 Like

Okey dokey

@bagguille , @Jormdeworm , an issue.

@bagguille was the first to post it and put it in the General Disscussion.

@Kevin260709 posted it and then put in in the right category.

What should happen? Now there is two

I literally just asked this earlier :thinking:

Why did you move my post?!

You should have kept @Kevin260709 ‘s one as it was in the correct area to begin with, @Jormdeworm

I am @Pokemon , not @Jormdeworm

Oh sorry I didn’t mean to reply to you :sweat_smile:

Sky Attack Moltres would be better than Overheat Moltres against Machamp, it may surpass Rayquaza’s neutral DPS in clear weather.

1 Like

The article was really helpful. I was considering TM-ing my 100% Moltres to get a fire-type charge attack, guess I won’t do this
 But I WILL power it up, just because it’s a perfect legendary (my first one)

3 Likes

Nice! Great achievement!

I wouldnt recommend it if you dont have a ton of dust lying around

I’m at 2.4 million, so a ton might be exaggerated. I don’t push any mons to max level all at once anyway (in most cases I lack the candy), I keep most power-ups for when I have a “power up x PokĂ©mon” quest
 :thinking:

2 Likes

@kRe same as you, I keep most power-ups for when I have a “power up x PokĂ©mon” quest.

I might power one Sky Attack Moltres as a flying type attacker since it’s the 2nd best flying type now and will most likely remain the same after gen 4 hits

2 Likes

But here’s the catch: Heatran and Mewtwo outclass him

And Blaziken outlasses every fire legendary with BB

Powering up one Sky Attack Moltres does not hurt much when you have good amount of stardust and Moltres candies (why not put it into good use instead of leaving them there?) and you would like variety against Grass, Bug and Fighting.

1 Like

I maxed out my original 2017 98% moltres, thinking they would never return. Oh, how I was so, so wrong. :man_facepalming::sweat_smile:

2 Likes