Gold Timed research - total failure (yes, yes!)

Well, today (Saturday) was the Timed Research for Gold Research Day.

I duly spent 1$ to take part in it…

It was all about event-themed Field Researches. Basically, 10 to complete.

So, you had to spin 10 pokéstops to get 10 Field researches - and complete them.

I rained all day where I live. I couldn’t go out – honestly, I tried.

Thus, I couldn’t access any pokéstop and I couldn’t get those Field researches.

Event totally ruined and 1 US$ lost.

Is it too much to ask that Niantic organize events which are NOT weather-dependent? i.e. events that you can complete even though you can’t leave your home because of the awful weather?

2 Likes

How can you ask that Niantic thinks before doing something? :rofl:

:thinking: :open_umbrella:

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: ?

It’s possible to raid with one hand (the other hand being the holder of the umbrella), since it’s all just screen-tapping and a thumb is enough. But playing the game is a lot of screen-swiping (hard with one hand, and harder with a wet screen).

It’s an imperfect world, and we can’t expect Niantic to mitigate all its imperfections (like the variability of weather). But for this, could it be humane to have the much-hyped WEATHER part of the game affect the function, like when weather gets hostile to outdoor activities, having an alternate way to get a Field Research task? Or having pokestops be able to produce more than one task per-day (maybe 2 or 3 on a rotating basis)? Or having stop-spinning range grow? They showed an ability to address the dampanic era’s mandatory lockdowns; they could apply that experience to a more-general game adaptability.

The operative word being “could”. It would require a spirit of mercy and generosity, neither of which seems to be in abundant natural supply.

1 Like

Nor Niantic is bothered about these values…

In area where I live, moving outside during 2pm to 5pm window is very tough, as mercury scorches around 45 degree Celsius, hence the local authorities had issued to stay at home, despite these alerts, Niantic’s all gameplay event occurs during 2pm-5pm…

:sob: