GO Fest 2023 chatter

We’re coming into the time of year to request our vacation dates, and my first thought has been to wonder whether there was any chatter or other sort of word, yet, about whether there will be a GO Fest Global event this year (and, if so, if there is any general idea when it might happen).

IDEALLY, actual dates
HOPEFULLY a fortnight estimate
REALISTICALLY which month.

At this point I don’t know even whether Niantic intends to keep having global fests, given their increasing priority on in-person play. So any info or clues will be appreciated.

Three in-person locations for GO Fest 2023 have been leaked, of which one is London. Forgot the other two. No word on a global GO Fest or when they’re happening though. And even then it may all just be fake.

1 Like

I hope there will be a Global one. After what happened in Vegas, I have no interest in going to an inperson one unless Arceus was guaranteed.

1 Like

After the flop that was Hoenn Tour I don’t even know what to hope for anymore.

1 Like

I hope there isn’t an event in London.

If there is something in another country I can just shrug my shoulders and ignore it.

But if it’s somewhere I can reasonably get to FOMO will probably drag me towards the inevitable crushing disappointment.

1 Like

Never thought about it, with my way of playing I could visit the Fest wherever it is.

Could it be more dangerous as playing in “normal” places?

Thanks for sharing this great discussion. I am going to bookmark this here https://forum.pokemongohub.net/t/go-fest-2023-chatter/28486/uk49s

Many thanks, and still better, I invite you and your followers to participate here… :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

The dates have dropped:

This year, the global event just happens to fall on the weekend within the dates I requested for my annual vacation. It could be just what I needed to resist my recent urge to divorce the game, altogether.

We’ll see.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: I don’t like London at the best of times - but travelling at weekends during the school holidays is an absolute nightmare…

…also, since when is a pound worth less than a dollar? Money grubbing Niantic bastards :angry:

1 Like

I’ll take it on your word on the part about London during school holiday weekends.

I believe we’ve all got sufficient firsthand evidence on the part about money-grubbing Niantic… (currently 1 pound is worth 1.25 dollars)

There’s definitely evidence of procrastination here. I also heard that the park chosen in New York is one of the worst places to be at in summer because the park is next to a waste processing plant that processes all the water waste of the five burroughs. That’s right, that’s where the crap ends up. I’m told that it will literally stink of poop.

Glad I’m not going.

That being said, I have deduced that the Mythical debuting will be Diancie, based on the logo.