GO Fest 2022

GO Fest 2022 was absolutely amazing. I got absolutely every single Shiny they released, I got all new Shiny families complete, I got all the Shinies I wanted, over a 1000 in total, a whole lot of Hundos too, my Shaymin was a Hundo, walking 40km was all worth it.

Take all this with a grain of salt, please, I did too. Niantic can expect rant emails every day until the 3rd GO Fest Day for sure.

1 Like

Shiny rate was low. I get more shinies on Community Days that last 3 hours than on GO Fest that lasts 8 hours. I didn’t get any shinies from incense and only 5 in the wild. My detailed report is coming probably on Monday.

1 Like

I also got more Shinies without Incense. I won’t be using Incense tomorrow, so we will see if that trend holds.

1 Like

GoFraud day 2
In order to be worse than day 1 it would have required Nianshit to take Shiny already caught pre GoFraud. That didn’t happen thankfully.
I spent the day driving around chasing Axew Raids and let the GoPlus do everything. Never got a Shiny or 100% Axew (as if I was going to get either :roll_eyes:)
Picked up 6 Shiny with 2 being ones I never had before. Compared to day 1 the second day seemed like a nothing day tbh. Non Meta relevant T5 seemed a complete waste of time. Thankfully Axew made using the 9 free passes worth the effort.
All up disappointed with GoFraud 2022. I don’t feel I got value for money with the big Saturday no Shiny shafting.

1 Like

Went into the second day with zero expectations, it would have been terrible hadn’t I played day 1 but for zero expectations it was quite alright. I did get one of the new shinies finally but it also stopped after that. Ridiculous. I first thought they were all full odds but I see many people complaining about only having two or three shinies and at least half of them are new ones so there goes my theory. Also, I’d take that over my day 1 haul any day so I don’t get what they are complaining about but if it is enough to get Niantic to do some make up event I’ll take it.

The raid challenge seems screwed up. I’ve done dozens of raids since it started, and my count in the tracker keeps getting reset after 3 or 4 raids. (it currently shows 3, even though there are at least 9 gyms nearby with the little ‘raid completed’ badge on them.) Seems like the count for other players listed is getting reset, too. Maybe it has something to do with the challenge being met already? Or maybe it’s just another flaky feature for this day…

@vorgriff3
A new challenge begins every hour, on the hour.
Your raid count total resets and shows only your contribution towards the current challenge.

1 Like

Day 2 was strangely pleasant. Wasn’t trying hard at anything except Nihilego Raids, and I came out with a 98% one and got a new Shiny on the side. No real complaints.

1 Like

DAY 1

Same place, same bike. I got my first shiny before GO Fest even began in my time zone. I wanted to do my research tasks before the event to make room for new ones. And one of them gave me shiny Venonat! :star_struck: I thought to myself “What a good start. Maybe this is the sign that I will get more shinies than on previous GO Fests.” Little did I know… The weather was ideal for GO Fest, sunny and no rain the whole day. I used incense all the time, and star pieces and lucky eggs occasionally when the bonus from global challenge was reached (but not every time). I made a list with all the habitats and I highlighted the Pokemon that I need the most. My focus was to catch and shiny check mostly the highlighted Pokemon. I didn’t check Pokemon like Hitmonchan or Dunsparce that I already had shiny and good-IV ones. I mega evolved Charizard X to get the bonus candies for dragon and fire types (mainly for Axew). My first shiny came in the second hour during the Plains habitat. It was Litleo, a new shiny that I didn’t have! :star_struck: After several minutes, in the same habitat, I got shiny Patrat! :smiley: I already had one, but I wanted 1 more to complete the shiny family with shiny Watchog. Both shinies were in the wild. Incense wasn’t giving shinies to me although I checked it all the time. I noticed that the incense spawns were very short-lived and that they tended to run away fast if you didn’t catch them immediately. Also, in the beginning of GO Fest, Unown and Axew were very rare spawns from incense. I got only 1 Unown B in the first hour and none in the second hour and the other Unown were pretty rare too. Axew were so rare during the first Plains habitat that I found only 1 from incense and none were in the raids. Later in the event, Unown and Axew rate was boosted so I got myself 7 more Unown B and many Axew from incense, but also from raids. I used all 9 free raid passes. I did Axew, Pikachu with flowers and Rockruff raids. I went to 2 parks and made 5 snapshots, 2 in the first and 3 in the second. I completed all the collection challenges. I got 3 new Pokedex entries: Torkoal, Tropius and Shaymin. The special research was great. I chose master difficulty and catch gameplay focus. I completed it well before the end of GO Fest. Shiny rate was extremely bad! :disappointed: After 2 shinies in the second hour (first Plains habitat), I didn’t get any shinies until the seventh hour (second Rainforest habitat)! :rage: And I caught and checked so so many Pokemon! I made a short break for lunch, but even then I was checking incense spawns from time to time. And the break wasn’t longer than 30-40 minutes. That means I had four hours without shinies! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Then I got 2 more shinies: Shroomish and Pikachu with flowers in the second Rainforest habitat and finally the last shiny was Wailmer in the second Tundra habitat. :star_struck: And that’s it! :scream: Not a single shiny from incense! And believe me I checked shinies throughout the entire GO Fest. And Niantic said it would be easier to get shinies from incense and in the wild on the first day of GO Fest. :clown_face: On the positive side, the shinies I got were the ones that I wanted: 3 that I didn’t have (including exclusive GO Fest only shiny Pikachu with flowers) and 2 that I wanted to get another one to complete the shiny family (Patrat and Wailmer). So, in my case it was quality over quantity. :man_shrugging: My friend got 10 shinies on the first day though, but in his case many were duplicates that he didn’t need (and he also used GO Plus to help him in catching).

Here are my results for Day 1: I got 319,919 XP, not sure about stardust because I did some power-ups, but my guess is between 260,000 and 300,000, I caught 397 Pokemon (but I shiny checked many more), I hatched 7 eggs (the focus of this event wasn’t on hatching eggs), I did 27 research tasks from Poke stops, I did 8 regular raids and 2 legendary raids (2 Kyogre, the first ran away and the second had bad IVs), I got 5 shinies and I walked 9.9 km. Last year, I got 11 shinies on Day 1 of GO Fest. And that is also considered low. But this year, shiny rate was even lower. Not just for me, but for many players. What I also didn’t like this year was incense not working properly (not a single shiny from it, Pokemon despawning quickly, low Unown and Axew rate in the beginning), not many exciting Pokemon in raids, there weren’t any special research tasks from Poke stops, no special eggs and reduced hatch distance from incubators, and I couldn’t find good-IV Bergmite to finally evolve it into Avalugg. I liked the regionals and Unown spawns (especially new Unown B), Axew, Galarian Pokemon, Pikachu, new shinies, photobombing, habitats, bonuses, global and collection challenges, special research, new avatar item and pose, Shaymin animation. To conclude, I’m glad that I bought the GO Fest ticket although I think that shiny rate was extremely low for this type of event.

1 Like

DAY 2

Day 2 started pretty good. I activated incense and within several minutes I got shiny Axew from it! :star_struck: First incense shiny! :partying_face: Then I went to the town center and put a lure on the Poke stop. I was looking for Nihilego raids. @Brobraam invited me and I got myself first Nihilego! I also got a gold medal for 200 Raid Battle Trainer Achievements! :1st_place_medal: So far so good. The weather was nice like it was the day before. I mega evolved Abomasnow this time to get more grass- and ice-type candies. I used incense all the time. I didn’t use lucky eggs, but I used a few star pieces. After spending some time at the town square, I went to a park. There I found my next shiny – Numel! :star_struck: I took 5 snapshots. I tried to invite someone to Nihilego raids, but there weren’t enough people interested. And then I met a friend from my town on the street. We traded some Pokemon and tried to do a Nihilego raid, but he also couldn’t find enough people to join us. Then he went home because it was too hot for him to continue playing, so I had to rely on raid invites to get another Nihilego. But, it was time to go home for lunch. As I was heading home, I found my third shiny – Slakoth! :star_struck: Then I made a longer break of about an hour. After that, I was back at the town square to look for Nihilego and Axew raids. Again, it was impossible to find enough interested people on Discord. Luckily, I was invited by @celery. After that, I invited him and his Mrs. to help me. And that was all of Nihilego I could get from raids. Only 3. The last, fourth Nihilego I got from the special research. Unfortunately, none of them had good IVs. :disappointed: I did several Axew raids with my free raid passes that I got on Day 2. But there was a research task that I got to win a level 3 or higher raid. Since a Nihilego raid didn’t count as a higher raid for that task (Niantic forgot to do the coding for Nihilego) I had to do a level 3 raid. And so I did 1 Dartrix raid and later, to spend my last free raid pass before the time runs out, 1 Torracat raid. Day 2 was also meant for Team GO Rocket battles. I battled all 3 leaders and got 3 red eggs. I found a shadow Cacnea that will become hundo when I purify it. :100: As for the shinies, after lunch break I found none! :angry: I didn’t expect to find more than on Day 1, so I wasn’t very disappointed. After all, I got the most sought after shiny – Axew! Plus the new shiny – Numel. :+1:

Here are my results for Day 2: I got 212,342 XP, again don’t know how much stardust I got because I did several power-ups for some high-level Pokemon and some trades, but it’s less than on Day 1, I caught 255 Pokemon (focus was on raids and Team GO Rocket battles, but I also mostly shiny checked Pokemon), I hatched 4 eggs, did 21 research tasks from Poke stops, did 9 regular and 3 legendary raids, got 3 shiny Pokemon (2 of them were new), battled 16 Team GO Rocket grunts, walked 8 km.

My results in total (Day 1 and Day 2): 532,261 XP, stardust somewhere around 400,000, I caught 652 Pokemon, hatched 11 eggs, did 48 research tasks, got 8 shinies (Litleo, Patrat, Shroomish, Pikachu with flowers, Wailmer, Axew, Numel and Slakoth), did 17 regular raids and 5 legendary raids (I didn’t buy extra remote raid passes and it was hard for me to host raids), walked or cycled 17,9 km.

Day 2 was less busy and interesting than Day 1. I didn’t like that shiny rate was even more decreased, there was only 1 legendary and it was hard for me to find enough people to invite for raids, I didn’t get good-IV Nihilego, global challenges and bonuses weren’t that good as on Day 1, there weren’t habitats, I didn’t get good-IV Bergmite again, I got only 1 shiny from incense and it wasn’t working like it should, raids turned out to be shiny Axew hunt, other Pokemon weren’t that important. I liked the special research and the new character Rhi (but he really talked too much), I liked the rewards, Team GO Rocket bonus mysterious components and I got several good-IV Axew and a shiny.

This GO Fest was a mixture of good and bad, but in the end I’m happy that I participated. It was an exciting weekend, full of adventure. I’m looking forward to Day 3 in August.

1 Like

May the shiny force be with you. :sparkles: :muscle:

2 Likes

I played in the 60min window on the way to Golf. Did a couple raids and let Gotcha get what ever rubbish it got. Haven’t even looked yet :rofl:.
Had shocking day game wise on the Golf course but still don’t regret choosing Golf over chasing more disappointment from Ripoff event stage 2. I couldn’t care any less for paid events at this point, I’m over them.

1 Like

Found 2 Shiny in the collection from that 60min. Two I didn’t have previously. (Your still not forgiven Nianshit for the previous Ripoff, you’ve got a long way to go for that)
No wonder I get real dirty on the game when I can get 2 in 60min and only 5-6 when I dedicate nearly a full day to their pay game.

Wasn’t a big Shiny day for me today, but the biggest thing for me was that my overall encounters were quite great today. 3 hundos in 12 hours (starting from midnight), a 98% Pheromosa from Field Research and a 96% Buzzwole from a Raid. Overall, a great day.

1 Like

My Babycham-forme Shaymin was the usual 73%… but Mrs. celery got the fizziest IVs… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

My detailed report is coming soon :tm:

DAY 3 (FINALE)

I prepared well for the GO Fest finale: made a list, had plenty of storage, but there was one problem – Poke balls. I just couldn’t find enough of them. However, I knew I’d be getting some Poke balls from the research tasks and I have many Poke stops and Gyms that I created in the area, so I wasn’t worried. I went to the town center first, lured a Poke stop, used incense all the time, caught and checked as many Pokemon as I could. There were 6 shinies in the first habitat that I didn’t have plus all the Unown, so I was hoping I’d get at least one shiny during that time. But I got none! :rage: Then the second habitat began and I finally got my first shiny 37 minutes after. And it was a new shiny for me – Pansear! :star_struck: But after that, the weather was getting bad and it started to rain, so I had to go home and make a longer break than I wanted. Still, I was able to play at home because incense was boosted and I had some remote raid passes. There I found my second shiny, also new one – Lileep! :star_struck: It happened 20 minutes after the third habitat had started. When the rain stopped, I went to a park, took some snapshots. The shiny rate was still low as I only got 1 shiny during the third habitat and there were 6 shinies plus all the Unown that I didn’t have. The fourth and final habitat started and my shiny luck changed. :four_leaf_clover: I got my first shiny from that habitat, a brand new one – Swirlix! :star_struck: 20 minutes later, I got another brand new shiny – Munna! :star_struck: 20 minutes later, another shiny Munna! :smiley: Almost 30 minutes later, yet another shiny Munna! :astonished: After exactly the same number of minutes, I got my fourth shiny Munna! :exploding_head: Wow, that Munna really loves me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And that was my last shiny for the event. I got 7 shinies and all were new for me! And that’s 2 more shinies than I got on Day 1 of GO Fest! But I wish I had gotten more. I wanted at least 1 shiny Unown and several other shinies and I didn’t need to get that many shiny Munna, 2 would have been enough. And why is it always when it’s GO Fest that I don’t get shinies at the beginning, but as the end approaches I start getting more shinies? :man_shrugging: As for the raids, I did 9 Ultra Beast raids (and I got 4 from the special research) and 6 normal raids (2 Axew and 4 Rockruff). I used all of the free raid passes and a few remote raid passes. I completed every collection challenge and all the special research tasks. I got 7 new Pokedex entries: Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Xurkitree, Sky Forme Shaymin and Unown N, P, X.

Here are my results for Day 3 (Finale): I got 1,750,110 XP (I leveled up several friendships to best and ultra level with Lucky Egg on), I don’t know how much stardust I got because I used it all the time to do power-ups, so I ended up with -6,055 stardust (yes, that’s a minus), I caught 282 Pokemon (I was running out of Poke balls and Great balls), I hatched 5 eggs, did 25 field research tasks, did 6 regular and 9 legendary raids, got 7 shinies (Pansear, Lileep, Swirlix and 4 Munna – all new for me), walked or cycled 7.9 km.

My results in total (Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3): 2,282,371 XP, unknown amount of stardust, I caught 934 Pokemon, hatched 16 eggs, did 73 research tasks, got 15 shinies, did 23 regular raids and 14 legendary raids, walked or cycled 25.8 km.

What I liked about this year’s GO Fest was that it lasted 3 days and each day was different. Day 3 was the best for me, I liked that habitats lasted 2 hours, we had new raid bosses – Ultra Beasts, we got to catch them with Beast balls, we had 7 Unown and several new shinies to hunt, 4 special research stories, collection challenges, good rewards, 9 free raid passes and 3 free premium battle passes, XP bonuses, ½ hatch distance, Pikachu with a scarf, Sky Forme Shaymin. GO Fest 2022 was a great event, but it still needed some improvements. Shiny rate should have been better, some bonuses should have been active all 3 days (Day 1 was lacking many bonuses that we had on Day 3), there were some bugs and glitches (incense on Day 1), Day 2 should have been better.

Despite all the flaws, I really enjoyed this year’s GO Fest and I look forward to the next one.

3 Likes

I think I still haven’t shared mine. I’ll try to get the full report on here somewhere this week.

It’s been a long week for sure. I don’t even know what I wanted to write anymore…

Wow, I forgot to mention my time with the in-person GO Fest in Seattle.

In short, it was a blast. So many shinies, a new hundo (Darkrai) and made a lot of friends. It was just like the early days of the game where EVERYONE was playing and it felt great.