GO Battle League: Adventures Abound ( Discussions and Ideas )

2023-08-30T18:30:00Z2023-12-01T18:30:00Z

Hello Everyone :wave:

Since there was no topic dedicated to GO Battle League, hence I am making a new Topic entirely dedicated to GBL, and the topic will automatically be closed on December 3, 2023(hopefully)…

So here we will discuss about battles, strategies and anything related to GBL: AA !

And moves availability update :

Guaranteed Rank-up Encounters :

Standard Encounters :

We don’t have exact data for every moves, so I will provide the values for it once it is available to general public !!

New Moves :

Changes in values of moves :

Once the new season starts, I will try to find out the optimal movesets for Pokemon who are affected by the changes !!

:grinning: :innocent: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Let me fix that for you

1 Like

Hmm. Looking at the rewards, I might actually try to do some GBL for one season

1 Like

My favorite encounter is of Active Raid Boss, but it had taken massive nerf since interlude season…
I guess that’s why Niantic launched that season, so that can nerf the Legendary Rate
:thinking: :joy:

This season, interesting rewards which had caught my attention is: Sneasel. Except it, no other rewards are of my interest in particular, as all of them require XL candies to be viable in one format or another !!

Some basic guesses :

1. With increase in energy requirements for Sky Attack, Pidgeot might manage to defeat it with ease, as Wing Attack requirements for reaching Sky Attack and to reach Feather Dance will most probably coincide, therefore Noctowl will now lose extra fast move advantage, and similarly, close wins will become close losses.

2. Aerial Ace’s energy cost reduction might be tied to improve the performance of Bombirdier and other new eliglbe releases, it will might be 55/40 or most probably weather ball clone; 55/35. So this should be helpful for less bulky Pokemon like Sneasler, and Serperior might be making some splash with Aerial Ace.

3. X-Scissor might receive 65/45 statline like Discharge, so instead of spammy nature, it will be focused on above average damage.
    :thinking: :thinking:
    This has something to do with Vikavolt CD ? Maybe Volt Switch as Fast Move ?

4. Spark will generate less energy, so many people will not use Lanturn early on, but I think Surf can still be reached in right time, and Lanturn will do the things which are expected from him, but will not do what is not expected !!
    This might had been done to not make Pawmot very impactful, so I guess Rock Smash and Spark will be its Fast move.

5. Reduction in Psychic will cause small problem to Medicham and to Umbreon, but that will be negligible in most cases, as reducing power by 5 not makes much difference to these bulky Pokemon.

6. Same is the case with Earthquake. Swampert will still hit very Strong with it, but this time I guess Giratina-A will feel less pressure from Earthquake, and Cresselia will be happy :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
    But this might hurt a bit to Pokemon like Walrein, Lickilicky, Heracross and the rising force, Zygarde-C. But I don’t expect this to be severe change.

Edit :

It seems like :

1. Swalot with Mud shot will gain some power.
  2. Triple Axel Hitmontop might be new meta in both GL and UL.
  3. Steelix with Breaking Swipe will definitely bring him to meta in both GL and UL.
  4. Skuntank with Trailblaze+Crunch will be good enough in GL and in UL as well, though there will be some trade-off in consistency.
  5. At least Regidrago will be somewhat usable after getting Breaking Swipe.
  6. Heliolisk will also gain some performance with Breaking Swipe, notably in Great League.
  7. Greedent will be spammy more than ever, with Mud shot.

I just watched Dan Ottawa PoGo’s new video, and honestly, I am happy and sad about this new season’s rankings :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

On a happy side, I am so glad to see some, let’s just say…newbies, climb up to some very high spots. I am so excited to see Gligar and Hitmontop in the rankings. It’s great seeing a few new faces to get some new blood flowing. Still, I hope teams will become more diverse!!

Sadly, Medicham moved up, just because Noctowl Moved down….

I’ll link the video here. (All Credit to Dan Ottawa PoGo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2wR08Sno30

1 Like

Noctowl going down also means rise of Pidgeot again. And it is surprising to me that I had not seen many people using Pidgeot, instead they were giving preference to Noctowl just because of bulk and Shadow Ball.

PvPoke is yet to publish the exact data of moves changes and introductions, so it will be too early to make rough judgement of Pokemon usage cases, but yes few new Pokemon might rise this time, especially in Great League.

Hello everyone,

I had added the updated values of all the moves which had received the change this season, so you can go through the Original Post to know those changes at glance !!

:innocent:

If I summarize the changes, then according to me the changes did affected the previous meta Pokemon, but those effects were not something like that they will drop those Pokemon’s utility.

Those good Pokemon which everyone of us knew that they are meta picks will still be like meta, and will do most of their work which we expect from them…

So I will say that there’s no point in dropping our previously good Pokemon, just because they had received minor nerfs. Rather those Pokemon should be wary of newer team composition which will have the new Pokemon who are expected to rise season.
:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Following Pokemon should see the rise now :

1. Swalot with Mud Shot , @Brobraam :warning: :warning: Psychic-less Medicham will lose this as well

2. Hitmontop with Triple Axel and nuke of choice

3. Gligar with Aerial Ace and Dig

4. Somewhat rise to Palossand as well

5. Niche rise of Tsareena with Magical Leaf, Triple Axel and Grass Knot

6. Emolga, but with Acrobatics and Discharge

7. Dusclops with Ice Punch and Poltergeist

8. Groudon inspired Diggersby can now go all guns blazing with Hyper Beam and scorching Sands, but I feel going with Quick Attack and FirePunch+Earthquake is still good for him.

Start was somewhat good, won 16 out of 20 matches which I played yesterday. Everything was on expected lines, so it will take more time to know the effects of adjustments made by Niantic…

One very important observation which I want to share with you all.

In Stunfisk(G) vs Stunfisk(G) mirror match, now we should not fear to get KOed by opponent, as we can clearly see the effect of nerf to EQ. So it’s better to either make 1.4 EQs and tank one from opponent to deliver 2 EQs in a row, or tanking an EQ and then baiting with RS and then going for EQ seems good !!
:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

The Sky Attack nerf is clearly visible to Altaria.

It is taking slightly longer time to reach sky attack, and due to which many Pokemon who have access to ice type coverage move should perform better against Altaria, even if the Pokemon is someone like Swalot or Mantine with Ice Beam…

Hooray!!

2 Likes

Sadly, you will not be able to power it up till GL Threshold…
:no_mouth: :face_with_head_bandage:

It requires around 220-240 candies, and over 130 XL candies. I am stuck with 32 XL candies only.

1 Like

Well, even a level 40 medicham does some work in GBL.

1 Like

In a team where other Pokemon are around 1499-1500CP, having a Pokemon whose CP is around 1400 feels too odd to look from my side !!
:joy: :joy: :joy:

The rare PvPoke’s article covering Vikavolt CD is out !!

PvPoke publishes articles rarely, but whenever they do, it’s worth to have a look on.

This topic was automatically closed after 94 days. New replies are no longer allowed.