Glitch in the app - I take snapshots, but the app doesn’t recognize it

In the special Field Research ‘a thousand-year slumber’ part 6 of 7, I need to take 5 snapshots of psychic or steel-type Pokémon’s. However, whenever I do so, it doesn’t ‘record’ this in the field research…. I have taken a dozen snapshots, but the count is still zero!

Snapshots are allways stored in your phone. Send this snapshots, and a snapshot of your counter in the research and send them to Niantic. I don’t have much hope, but maybe they accept it.

Please forgive the question; but laboring in tech support for years taught me to ask the most obvious things (like “is your computer plugged in and turned on?”).

In this case the obvious questions seem to be: Are you using PokémonGO to take the pics, or your phone’s camera? Before I got familiar with using the game’s camera feature, I imagined a phone screenshot (or even this) could be a pic of a psychic type mon:

And have you had similar field tasks complete successfully before this one? (That might rule out the possibility of permissions or other config being issues.)

If I remember well, the photo has to be taken before the catch. If not, everybody could show photos from years ago, and they don’t want this. The moment you take the snapshot the app looks in which situation you are and accept or decline the photo.

All this without any garantie… :innocent:

1 Like

I should have used a pic of the ENCOUNTER screen, not the inventory screen.

My point was that the task requires a pic FROM inside the game, not a pic of a phone from outside the game, no matter what the phone shows. (I just didn’t have time to look for an encounter shot of something I can’t cause to appear.)

1 Like