"Failed to get game data from server" , New Ban Wave?

I receive “Failed to get game data from server” on 3 of my PTC account, Is there a new Banwave ?
Thank You

Take a look at this page:
http://downdetector.com/status/pokemon-go

When there are issues with the servers, you can check it there

Its Has Been 3 Days Now. I don’t thinks PTC servers Went down 3 days

Make sure you are online and that Pokemon Go is not blocked and is at the newest version.

What you’re describing it what I call a “temp-ban”. It goes like this:

SoftBan—Red Warning—TempBan—PermaBan

You can’t access your accounts for 4-6 Weeks. Why they happen most of the time isn’t understood, but it’s mainly related to Botting.

That’s not a ban, stop saying bs
Their servers are having huge issues since update

I’m not lying, that’s what will happen

Oh, how come others can access the PTC login without a problem?

Totally random error: ptc or google users at random are having this issue, some for a few minutes others for weeks.
Niantic already confirmed it was not a ban

1 Like

I had the same issue and contacted support. they hinted its a ban. this account was never used with any 3rd party stuff. we played all the legendaries and enjoyed 2 ex raid passes. this was so depressing. no red warning no emails no soft ban. nothing just boom “failed to get game data from server” seriously?! the agent who helped me refused to say if its a perma ban or for few weeks…

1 Like

I have been in contact with pokemon support tonight, I have been locked out of my account for 36 hours now, they have responded and are helping me try to figure out what is wrong, after trying the first things he told me to try and they didnt work so I emailed back saying it did not work and asked for full confirmation that im not banned. The person working with me said that my account is fine there is no ban. But im still getting the same error. For those who are worried, contact support, you are not alone getting this, Im level 40 and have been invited twice to mewtwo and caught both, so I get your concern Ive been feeling the same until the support agent confirmed im not banned, you likely are not either. Get in touch with them be patient do not speak to them rudely, they are there to help you and they were not the ones who caused this glitch, they are however the ones who will do everything they can to get you back on. I hope this give some of the people suffering the error that I am a bit of relief to rest easier now. Best of luck to you guys too, lets how us who are facing this have a fix soon we can all share.

Josh, Just to give you a bit of information direct from Niantic Ill copy and paste exactly what he said to me tonight and maybe it might help others, it did not work for me but he is still continuing to work with me, here is his first email:
I apologize for the delay
in responding and I am sorry to hear about the trouble
you’re experiencing with Pokémon GO. The following
steps should resolve the issue you’re experiencing:

Android device:

1. Open the Settings app on your device. Touch
    Storage > Apps > Pokémon GO, and Touch Clear Data and
    then Clear Cache.
  2. Make sure that your
    device’s time and date is set to automatic (network
    provided).
  3. Ensure your device is
    connected to a reliable data connection (WiFi, 3G, or
    4G).
  4. Ensure that your phone has not
    restricted background data access to Google Play Services
    and Google Play Store. Learn
    how to turn on background data.
  5. Open
    your Google
    connected apps settings and remove Pokémon GO
    access.
  6. Remove your Google account from
    your device. Visit the Google
    Help Center for additional support.

Delete the Pokémon GO app and reinstall the latest official
version from the Google
Play Store.

For more
detailed troubleshooting information, please visit the Help
Center.

If the steps
above do not resolve the issue, please reply to this email
with more information and screenshots if possible. We’re
here to help.

Best,
Robert
Niantic
Support

Here is the second email after I said it did not work and asked to confirm I was not banned:

Dear Trainer,
Your account is fine no
ban, let me try and give you another suggestion and see if
this will work

You’ll
need to log out of the account you’re currently signed
into and sign in with the email address and login method you
originally used to create your Pokémon GO account.

Please try accessing your
account using the Pokémon Trainer Club login
method:

Open the Pokémon
GO appIf you are
currently logged in under a different account: please sign
out under Settings>Sign outSelect the Pokémon Trainer Club login
methodSign in using the
Pokémon Trainer Club username associated with the shanecontrerasredfern@yahoo.com
email address*
*Please note that
your Trainer nickname may be different than your Pokémon
Trainer Club username. If you do not remember the username
or password associated with Pokémon GO, please view the Pokémon
Trainer Club website to retrieve your Pokémon Trainer
Club account.

Hopefully,
this resolves your issue.

Best Regards,

Robert
Niantic
Support

Josh, Just to give you a bit of information direct from Niantic Ill copy and paste exactly what he said to me tonight and maybe it might help others, it did not work for me but he is still continuing to work with me, here is his first email:
I apologize for the delay
in responding and I am sorry to hear about the trouble
you’re experiencing with Pokémon GO. The following
steps should resolve the issue you’re experiencing:

Android device:

Open the Settings app on your device. Touch
Storage > Apps > Pokémon GO, and Touch Clear Data and
then Clear Cache.
Make sure that your
device’s time and date is set to automatic (network
provided).
Ensure your device is
connected to a reliable data connection (WiFi, 3G, or
4G).
Ensure that your phone has not
restricted background data access to Google Play Services
and Google Play Store. Learn
how to turn on background data.
Open
your Google
connected apps settings and remove Pokémon GO
access.
Remove your Google account from
your device. Visit the Google
Help Center for additional support.
Delete the Pokémon GO app and reinstall the latest official
version from the Google
Play Store.

For more
detailed troubleshooting information, please visit the Help
Center.

If the steps
above do not resolve the issue, please reply to this email
with more information and screenshots if possible. We’re
here to help.

Best,
Robert
Niantic
Support

Here is the second email after I said it did not work and asked to confirm I was not banned:

Dear Trainer,
Your account is fine no
ban, let me try and give you another suggestion and see if
this will work

You’ll
need to log out of the account you’re currently signed
into and sign in with the email address and login method you
originally used to create your Pokémon GO account.

Please try accessing your
account using the Pokémon Trainer Club login
method:

Open the Pokémon
GO appIf you are
currently logged in under a different account: please sign
out under Settings>Sign outSelect the Pokémon Trainer Club login
methodSign in using the
Pokémon Trainer Club username associated with the shanecontrerasredfern@yahoo.com
email address*
*Please note that
your Trainer nickname may be different than your Pokémon
Trainer Club username. If you do not remember the username
or password associated with Pokémon GO, please view the Pokémon
Trainer Club website to retrieve your Pokémon Trainer
Club account.

Hopefully,
this resolves your issue.

Best Regards,

Robert
Niantic
Support

But did it work though, that’s the question?

1 Like

Hi, I have been emailing them for days. no one helped me yet. they did say it’s not a ban but whats the point if I can’t login and keep getting “failed to get game data from server” at the loading bar. also no logout button is showing whatsoever I have to uninstall the game to login again just to get the same BS again. this is totally unacceptable and will push players who pay real money away from the game. they are doing a big mistake. I wonder are you able to login now or not yet? if you able to login please let me know so I can keep contacting them. thanks

another note I got from a different agent, she said uninstall any 3rd party apps and your game play should be normal. the crazy thing that I don’t have any 3rd party stuff installed so what should I do now. I explained to them 10 times I don’t have any apps on this phone beside youtube and pokemon go. standard iOS device not even jail broken. I got tired of this and thinking of quiting the game.

Thousands of players can not login because of the same error (“failed to get game data from server”) and Niantic is ignoring this issue as their staff doesn’t even know how to fix it.

This is strictly a server sided error but they don’t even know where it comes from. As a consequence, they keep repeating the same thing over and over (“force quit, uninstall, reboot device, etc”).

They dont want to talk about their anti-cheat measures thats all. I’m sure they know whats going on. hopefully we could login and not get banned because of those cheaters. I sure prefer 6 damn spoofers in my local gym over this login endless storm of BS that is affecting legit players as well…

2 Likes

I don’t know if this works for everyone or just me. Type your username all lowercase then try

Since December 2nd, I can’t access the Game on my mobile device (iPhone 6S). Shortly after gaining Level 34 the App told me that the game data can’t be found on your server.
My first tough: iOS Update 11.2 ruined it at all…

I contacted the Niantic Support (submit a ban appeal).

They answered me, that it might be an issue on my device. I had to clear my Safari data and I have to re-install the App from the Apple App Store.

»However, sorry to hear about the trouble you’re experiencing with Pokémon GO. The following steps should resolve the issue you’re experiencing.«

But …It didn’t worked. So I wrote back to the Support Agent, cause that’s what they offered me, in case their help doesn’t worked for me. And YES, I told them that I never used a 3rd Pary App to log on/in their server(s).

Long story short:

Niantic Support never said that I’m banned.
But the last answer included the hint of their system implemented methods. »We can confirm that we are constantly refining new ways to ensure the integrity of the game in order to keep it fun and fair for all Trainers.«

Fortunately, my device is supported, it has been developed in California and …forget it, it’s an iPhone.

I tried to log in on a device that has been developed and assembled in South Korea, but it showed the same lame message: »We won‘t let you play anymore, because you ran your a** off, caught 6 Porenta, showed them on Facebook, won a single legendary raid and kicked the neighbors kids daily out of the local gyms …daily. We are going to tell you the next 365 days that your data can’t be found on our servers. Thank you for supporting us with your money. 3rd generation? Yes, but not for you. Bye.«

Is this what it is? Only a server error by the company?

Or is it something like …we tracked your Pokemon and it looks like you used off-line IV Software, because all of your kept Monsters are at least too good – that can’t be coincidence? Think about it …Trainer.