Does anyone play Ingress?

I do.

I know this is not Pokémon related,but i just wanted to know if anyone plays Ingress.

2 Likes

Sometimes

3 Likes

I used to for a couple years.

2 Likes

Maybe Ingress isn’t Pokemon related; but wouldn’t it be fair to call Ingress intimately related to Pokemon Go?

4 Likes

way too intimately, in my opinion…

2 Likes

I play ingress, but only to submit new portals and gain new stops and gyms. Just hack once a day and that’s it.

1 Like

What’s ingress

I do… not very often though.
My dad wants us to be able to suggest portals because they will sometimes become Pokéstops.

I tried that because I was told at a certain (not very high) level you can submit a request for portals which turn into Pokestops but I never could figure it out, that game is so different than anything I’ve played!

3 Likes

A game where you submit portals and portals become stops and gyms in pogo

1 Like

Ok thanks

1 Like

It’s a multi-player team-based game by Niantic where teams competed to establish territory and defend it. The network of locations that helped define territories roughly corresponded with the initial set of pokestops (and gyms?) for PoGo, whose initial development team included several who developed and continue to maintain / extend Ingress.

I know virtually nothing else about it, and only know that much because I downloaded it in 2016 to check its map for clues where to find more pokestops. Consult wikipedia and/or google if you are interested in more about it.

2 Likes

Level 7 here, 800K++ AP and needs to hit 1.2M to become Level 8, and then need to hit Level 10 to be able to submit POI and pray it will become Pokestop or Gym in PoGo :grin:

No need to pray, if it is the first POI in a level 17 s2 cell, it WILL become a stop in Pogo, the 2nd, 6th and 20th POI’s in a level 14 s2 cell will trigger a new gym at each point respectfully, but it will not necessarily be at the 2nd, 6th or 20th POI, instead it will be whatever POI has the most likes in ingress.

2 Likes

I just don’t know that Level and S2 cell thing :grin:

2 Likes

https://s2.sidewalklabs.com/regioncoverer/

Yes, just to become a high-level player and have access to the OPR but looks like a lot of patience and hard work is needed so I decided to put my efforts on PoGo :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Error 404 : Page not found :grin:

Try again

I use the online map for the coordinates. As Pokemongomaps has been taken down by I think Niantic, the revival, pogomap, lost all gyms & stop data. I’m getting all coordinates to rebuild it. If I’m done I might do stops in my area.