Ditto is impossible to find

Had a task to do a while back - still have not completed it yet. I need to catch a Ditto, Now I also need to catch a Ditto for the Lets GO Meltan task. My question is since I have been trying to catch one for so long with no success why have they put this impossible task into the game? I mean why make you try to do something that cannot be done? I have used the daily incense, Lures, hung around the places I have put lures in. Last week I walked 52 km’s this week already at 63 kms and have found the pokemons that can be Ditto’s but never once has one been a Ditto. So why put this into the game if it cannot be done?

The Research was put in at times when Ditto appeared more often. If you don’t complete the research within the current theme when it was introduced your making it much harder to find Ditto after.
Everything is cyclic in this game. There will be some event around the corner where Ditto is more frequently found. They are still in the game atm but not very common right now.

Best advice for you atm is don’t get hung up on it. Play the game the way you want and enjoy that and you’ll find one at some point.

Zorua is treated as Ditto? Really I don’t know, but when I catch one, on the screen allways appears “A Ditto was caught”.
If it works, then put some strange Pokémon which doesn’t appears in the wild as buddy. Every now and then you will find the same Pokémon in the wild, but after catching results it’s a Zorua.
I use, for example, a shiny Conkeldurr as Buddy, and in the last week I found at least 15 of it in the wild.

Jessie and James are impossible to find.
Jessie James wanted