Could Someone Give me Advice on Maximizing Stardust Gains in Pokemon GO?

Hello there,

I have been playing Pokemon GO for a while now and recently realized that my Stardust reserves are quite low; especially after powering up some of my favorite Pokemon. As Stardust is such a crucial resource for powering up and trading Pokemon; I would love to hear your strategies and tips for maximizing Stardust gains in the game.

What daily or weekly habits do you recommend for consistent Stardust accumulation? Are there specific tasks or routines that significantly boost your Stardust income?

How do you take advantage of in-game events that offer increased Stardust rewards? Are there particular events I should look out for and prepare in advance to maximize the benefits?

When is the best time to use Star Pieces? Do you have any tips on timing their use for maximum efficiency; such as during specific events or certain gameplay activities?

How effective are battles, including Trainer Battles; Team GO Rocket encounters, and raids; in earning Stardust? Any particular strategies you use to maximize Stardust from these activities?

Are there any other lesser known methods or tricks you use to gather Stardust that might not be immediately obvious to a mid-level player like myself?

I appreciate any advice or insights you can share. It is always great to learn from the experience of other trainers and hopefully; with your help; I can boost my Stardust reserves and enhance my gameplay experience.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

1 Like

One of those events you ask about happened last night – most months have one Spotlight Hour (Tuesdays from 6pm to 7pm) that has 2x catch Stardust. Popping in a Star Piece can raise that to a 3.5x multiplier. So each regular catch would be 350 Stardust, instead of 100. That helps, especially if the bonus lasts more than 1 hour (like for some Community Day or Raid Day event). That’s one help, and cobbling together all the helps you can find seems like the most effective strategy. (plus avoiding as much as possible whatever things spend Stardust unnecessarily)

Another help can be to walk around with an incense and a star piece. The incense increases spawns, and the star piece increases the value of catching them.

2 Likes

Paras and Meowth are your stardust friends when you’re out and about. There are other Pokémon that give you more Stardust like Shellder. Focus on them:

When we had the Trubbish hour a month or two ago, I focused on the easiest ones to get (anything under 200-300 cp where i didn’t need berries) after i got my 3*.

1 Like

Team GO Rocket is also not the worst way to get stardust

1 Like