Changes in Pokemon GO

2 great changes have arrived… lets dive into it!

• CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.

This will probably be the reflection of the stat change (shown below).

• HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between high HP Pokémon and low HP Pokémon.

RIP Blissey and the other gym defenders… again, another “change” to help new players.
There could be winners in this, (us, who are getting tired of battling gyms filles with Blissey, Chansey, and psychic pokemon to protect from Machamp.

• Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be retroactively rebalanced, allowing highly defensive Pokémon to be valuable in battle by outlasting opponents rather than simply running out the clock.

Maybe defense and stamina will be just as important as each other?

• Defense values have also been slightly retroactively reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.

I guess battles will be easier, or this is to accomadate that defense is getting better.

Migration

We are making adjustments to weather and, moving forward, it will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.

Does anyone actually want this?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Seems to me that I won’t be seeing Larvitar anymore. The only way I was able to find him was in Sunny Weather :sob:.

• As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.

GREAT! Rare spawns will probably be more common ( maybe forget what I said before :wink:)

• Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.

Same as what I said before!

What do you think?

• All aboard the Hype Train!
  • :frowning:

0 voters

1 Like

I’m all for making changes to make the game better. Give me a reason to put good Pokemon defenders in gyms.

3 Likes

Dragonite rise!

2 Likes

More balance, more variety, more strategy.

1 Like

I want a stardust refund if my powered up pokemon suddenly turn worthless :sweat:

4 Likes

This sounds like they will be de-valueing nests (or maybe there won’t be nests any more?!). We only have one small nest in town and it wasn’t bad recently (Kabuto, Snubbull, Growlithe, all kinds of possible shinies…), I hope they won’t destroy that…
Not yet sure about the other things, though…

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I really feel about the suggested changes yet?
There is some things I don’t mind the sound of but other things has me thinking the Pokemon I spent so much Time, Candy and Dust on is going to leave me feeling like it was a waste of time and I need to start all over again.
So glad I’ve horded a reasonable amount of Dust if the need arises. Unlikely to Power anything else up now until more is known. I’m in full blown Dust collection mode now.

Been through it before Powering up some Lapras only to have it all be a waste of time when it got nerffed.

2 Likes

I think we will get something similar to Pokemon Go Fest in Chicago. There was a ice biome, a fire biome, … If they could rotate these, this could work.

The CP, HP rebalance is a bit weird. I mean, it’s cool we got to see more pokemon being useful, but doesn’t it kinda takes away the point of the overall Pokemon games? There’s good monsters, and there’s not so good monsters?

Well, I guess it don’t even matter anymore. With these Community Days, everyone eventually gets a shot of getting at least 4~ Pseudo-Legendaries…Raiding with less DEF stat will be a bit easier. And also, with pvp coming, new players could be battling against some old players with an army of Ttar or Machamps. I guess Niantics is doing everything to even every possible odds.

Just dont nerf Chomp and Im OK with it

1 Like

A good thing that we won’t have an IV change.

Don’t transfer until you know what will be good and what not.

1 Like

RIP blissey

2 Likes

if they nerf the cp most of the ivs would change

I’m going to reserve from complaining until I actually see a change.

1 Like

No since IVs determine CP and not the other way around, learn some math

IV’s SHOULD stay the same, the stats of the pokemon might change wich then will result in a CP change.

1 Like