Changed mind about posting shadow raid event

Promoting one of their events just to gripe about their restrictions seems to run into a conflict of interests. So I’m retracting my post of their event announcement.

Screw Niantic for making the shadow raids in-person only. I guess their exalted “elite raids” weren’t enough to force everybody to play in person, again. (And if this doesn’t do that for them, I wouldn’t be surprised if they simply announce an immediate end to all remote functions.)

3 Likes

I’m wondering if they will castrate it right out of the gate by lowering the IV floor to 8-8-8, essentially making them worthless. Wouldn’t put it past them.

1 Like

But the real fact is that if people are not willing to participate in those “Elite” events, then there is no point in launching the stuffs like this !!

Shadow Mewtwo was chosen because they also know that all experienced players know the devastating capability of this Pokemon, so they are hoping that people come out for this !!

I believe this was highly dubious decision :joy:
All the Pokemon they released by this were Dex-Fillers.

For me, this event means nothing, as I am community of my own, so winning the raids by this community is impossible :grin: :joy: :rofl: .
If there are communities and people, then case is different…

1 Like

Even if I put aside the things that appear to ruined this introduction before it starts, ie

• overly complex dynamic (rage, shards, gems)
• probable catch-rate nerf
• probable shiny-rate nerf
• definite premier ball nerf

The thing that will prevent me from doing these raids is -

• unappealing ‘old’ previously-obtainable shadow Pokemon in 1 and 3 star Raids
• inability to complete 5 star Raid due to lack of community and remote Raiding ban

All-in-all this looks like the worst new gameplay innovation since the original Mega Pokemon introduction debacle.

I hope I’m wrong :expressionless:

3 Likes

Mmmmh, what I had read was not very engaging. But as allways, “catch’em all” is what I want. So, if I have to do some of these raids, I will do. But I’m nearly shure that after I see them only in the distance.

1 Like

This reminds of other games like Shadow Fight 3, where we have to use those to get/upgrade weapons/armors

:sweat_smile: :laughing:

Have I missed something? Shadow Raids?

Floor is 6/6/6. There goes my motivation. No Shadow Raids for me.

2 Likes

It would have been more appealing for collectors if they had set the IVs to 0/0/0.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I got the in game notification the day after I posted :man_facepalming:

1 Like

:astonished:

Nice if you’ve got the burly dark-type attack teams. Was there some way to keep the two from having to relobby at the same time (giving the boss a boost in its health)?

Did 6 Shadow Cats over the weekend with underwhelming results.
Best IV my account saw was a 89% 15atk according to IV charts. That’s the only one of the 6 that stole all my balls and ran after 15/17 Excellent throws. One of the kids accts got a 96% and also a poor Shiny.
After the first unprepared Raid having 10sec left all others had 90-150sec left once won. Only once did we have 1 other person join us for a Raid and never sighted that person. Could have been living in a house near the Gym or a GPS cheat.
Day 1 we went with Ghost move teams and day 2 used Dark move teams. Less Pokémon were used when using Dark move teams with any big time to win gains.