Changed Googles password, and now I have to restart

The other day, I had to change my google account password as there was some suspicious activity going on, when I changed my password then logged back into Pokémon go, it gave me Professor Willow and I had to make a new Pokémon go account which mean I now have to restart my progress. I got all the way up to level 27 over a year and a half of work! Please tell me if I can get my old account back or have to restart :frowning:

2 Likes

email niantic, explain your issue, and tell them that you want your account back but with a new password.

That doesnt make much sense… If you use a google account for pokemon it should be linked to your google email… not your password.

EDIT
Check these 2 links, maybe this helps:

2 Likes
  1. Be sure to use the same Google account
  2. if you did and still cant get it back, I recommend emailing them, as others said (yet that probably wont do anything considering how Niantic doesnt do anything about emails)
  3. A year and a half and you have level 27?

Thanks, and I’m not a very consistent player, that is why I’m level 27

Thank you very much, I’ll definitely check them out!

Okay, I’ll try that out, thanks

Its ok to be level 27. I just leveled up to level 30 and all my family and riends are lower

*friends:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

My son started his account on Christmas Day when he got his new phone. He is already at Level 25. If something did happen to my account, I know it wouldn’t really take that long to get back to where I was. Good luck on recovering your account but just know getting back to where you were won’t take very long.