Bugs in the game

I see reports of iPhone users that have Adventure sync issues after the most recent update.

My Trainer freezing up from moving after looking at any thing in my Trainer Profile (Gym Badges, Medals etc) has been fixed with latest iOS update.
Graphics when visiting a Gym to look or remote feed is all screwed up now though.

Damn, the very busy version 0.143.1 just forced.

Another forced update today? We had a forced update yesterday, and weā€™ve got another already?

Gotta love Nianticā€™s fake politeness :frowning_face: asking if youā€™d like to download the update, while offering to let you update to continue or quit the game. There is no way to keep playing and defer the update until later (which is a b*ch when a raid you want to join is just about to end).

What version got forced yesterday?

I just got version 0.143.2 in my playstore. Just installed it.

@vorgriff3 are you using ios?

I didnā€™t notice the version number. The update came when an Alola Marowak raid was just about to end. Three others had waited for me to arrive, and now they were waiting for my doggone app to update. We barely made it before time expired, and this conversation reminded me about it.

Looks like it was 0.143.1. You say now thereā€™s a version 0.143.2? Yippeeā€¦

And FWIW Iā€™m on Android.

0.143.1 Was forced. 0.143.2 was not forced. It seems Niantic actually did some work. The first mentions talk about things actually got fixed this time.

1 Like

Now that would be something worth a little buzz.

This made me spill my coffee :rofl:

Source

3 Likes

Just had an egg hatching in 6km, it was a 7km egg :thinking:

at least it is a good bug XD

4 Likes

Wandered into a heavy-spawn area near me as usual last evening and went after a Croagunk, engaged it in the faceoff screen, pineapped it, and proceeded to capture it. The capture animation said Caught Murkrow, which I suspected meant that I hatched the Murkrow at the same time as I captured the Croagunk.

But my most-recent pokemon list did not show the Croagunk. And when I returned to the main screen, I watched a new Croagunk spawn in the very same spot. When I clicked on it and got the faceoff screen, it showed it already pineapped, and it had CP identical to the one I thought I had already caught. It seems pretty obvious what happened, but I wonā€™t belabor the point by typing it all out. Just another bit of weirdness.

Now you mention it, I had the same happening a few days ago. Including de respawn of the ā€œcaughtā€ one. Almost forgot that.

2 Likes

Iā€™d classify this bug as more cosmetic than functional. When I unexpectedly ran into TR babe Sierra a couple of days ago, it seemed my game, itself, was startled beyond words ā€“ as symbol names were displayed during the instead of the actual strings. Since beating a TR boss will use up one TR radar and I wonā€™t get quest credit for it until next stage, Iā€™m not looking for them (nor am I battling with them if I happen upon one of them). So I didnā€™t test whether the battle functions were affected.

Itā€™s not quite the kind of Sierra wardrobe malfunction I might have had in mind when this screen came up; but it was an unintended peek beneath the covers, so to say (though exposing coding internals, rather than skin). And I appreciated the momentary chuckle.

2 Likes

Deploying lures somehow corrupts the lure-module-in-use status. To the account that deployed the lure, the PokĆ©stop shows the lureā€™s graphics (snowflakes falling for Glacial, leaves falling for Mossy, etc), but inside the lure socket appears to be unused and ready. Trying to insert another lure gives an error.

To other accounts the lureā€™s graphics (snowflakes, leaves, etc) are also correctly rendered, though inside it shows the lure socket in-use and the name of the trainer who deployed the lure.

After the lure expires, the socket in-use status remains the same (as if there is a lure in it) and other accounts are unable to insert a new lure. But the account that had inserted the first lure is able to insert another.

[I had attached a series of screenshots to illustrate the bug; but in the effort to sequence and annotate those, even more strangeness started to show up with respect to the lure status changes not being propagated to the players. I was repeating my testcase, and the ā€˜other accountsā€™ were still showing the lure type from the first test, even when a different type of lure was activeā€¦ Letā€™s just permit Nianticā€™s crack staff of bugfixers diagnose and fix this]

I found that same Lure bug problem. Hope they fix that soon as if someone runs out of Lures it prevents others when playing as a group from Luring up the stop and/or sharing the load when doing a session over multiple hours.

1 Like

Seems the Lure problem has been solved with the new version 0.163.4. I had the same problem here and it has disappeared.

But now I have another new one. Or the area where to tab to start the animation of a PokƩmon has grown, or the area to tab in his name to start the edit function is now more little.
But for me it is really a nasty work to change names now. Sometimes I need up to 6 six tabs to find the narrow border between both areas, sometimes itā€™s quite imposible to get it.

1 Like

Lure problem not fixed (as of 0.163.4-G on Android). When I entered a PokĆ©stop it used to indicate a lure already in use and which Trainer put it in. Yesterday, that part was still working for trainers other than the one who inserted the lure, while to that trainer the lure socket still appeared ready for a lure, and trying to insert another lure gave an error ā€œYou need a PokĆ©stop module here.ā€ And today the lure socket shows ready for a lure to both the trainer who inserted the active lure and to other trainers. And any trainer who tries to insert a lure gets that ā€œYou need a PokĆ©stop module here.ā€

Renaming-PokƩmon problem also not fixed, at least not entirely. Sometimes the first tap brings up the rename-PokƩmon popup; sometimes it still takes several dozen taps to find just the right pixel to pop up that window.

I feel like Iā€™m doing a battle when re-naming now. Tap, tap, tap ,tap, tap trying to hit the right spot.
I hope the annoyance of this one is fixed quickly.
Itā€™s made an already tiring process of checking and cataloging the collection after a big day catching even slower and more frustrating.

3 Likes