Armored Mewtwo coming to Raids on July 10th!

Got my teams ready to go:

EDIT: Redoing it based on new information about its stat information:

HP: 214
Attack: 182
Defense: 278

Fast Moves: Confusion, Iron Tail
Charge Moves: Future Sight, Earthquake, Dynamic Punch, Rock Slide

I’m rather disappointed with the stat spread. I mean, we already have THREE defensive Psychic-types. Why did we need another one? I get that they’re trying to make him seem restrainted, but even Armored Mewtwo in the anime was OP.

Here’s the weird part: Dynamic Punch is a move that Mewtwo can’t learn in any game. Could this be the start of move choices from the core games going out the window?

4 Likes

Or its like with Kyogre and Dragon Tail and will be replaced tomorow
But yeah, why did they have to bust him

1 Like

Those are Armored Mewtwo moves? Or Armored Mewtwo counters?

1 Like

@vorgriff3 Armored Mewtwo moves.

Im very dissapointed with its stats. If you have decent raid teams already, its worthless.
Cant use it in gyms as a defender so nothing gained there.
MAYBE its worth something in PVP. No idea cause i dont really care about it.

Honestly i would have liked a reskin with the same stats better than this. I was looking forward to something new worth raiding, but this is kind of a bummer.

@Arem1771 I though armored Mewtwo wasnt in any game yet, so its impossible to know what moves it would get.

1 Like

Kyogre used to learn Dragon Tail?

I think the purpose of this MewTwo is just as a collector and not a mon to be used in your main lineups. The armored version won’t be seen often if at all after this release since it is tied specifically to the movie. You should treat it more like a special detective hat Pikachu which we probably won’t see again either.

Either way I am still super excited about it coming to raids so I can try to get a decent one for my collection and get some candy. I came back to the game right at the end of the 5* MewTwo raids so was only able to catch two of them back then and neither were very good IVs, so being able to stock up on candy for a future normal MewTwo raid will be nice for me.

I’m keen to see if it will be better as my front-line Gym Destroyer tearing up the pink Fatties and Snorlax that everyone likes to leave in Gyms using Dynamic Punch than I can now with Focus Blast.

Duel Charge Moves Rock Slide / Dynamic Punch could be on the cards if I get a really good one.
I know Confusion is damaging for the Fast Move but it is slow so currently I use Psycho Cut.
How does Iron Tail stack up speed wise v Psycho Cut?

Stat wise, A Mewtwo is worse than Lugia

Are the three defensive psychic type Lugia, Cresselia, Deoxys-D?

I didn’t even count Deoxys-D, because I forgot. That makes 4. I was thinking Uxie.

A dataminer found that moveset, but we will see based on Niantic’s whims.

Probably he forgot Latias too, so that makes 5.:zipper_mouth_face:

3 weeks of tier 5 wasted on a collectable seems a bit much.

1 Like

We might see Detective Pikachu again when the Switch version is released or the movie gets a sequel.

Done with Deoxys. One of the speed form for the collection is enough. And I’ve already pruned both accounts’ collection down to the best one of each of the four forms, to make bag room for something useful.

I didn’t sneak out of work yesterday to catch the midday EX raid even though nothing important was demanding my time. I probably won’t go to next Tuesday’s, either, and it wouldn’t even be inconvenient to go (let alone risky in any way).

And with another trophy tier-5 boss, it looks like a good time to relax and organize the bags.

Only Latias has at least a decent attack to back it up, so I consider that more of a balanced performer.

And Outrage, dont forget that she has a great move

That too. Outrage allows Latias to keep up pretty well.

1 Like

It was crazy. We had like 60 people show up. I’m not even a Mod on our local Discord and I still had to lead a group in to raid. But me and @Jaxxon8 both got him. We only did 1, because my youngest daughter was complaining the whole time. But we will be back out again tomorrow.

3 Likes

Best one I caught today was just 1791 which was 82 overall. It does have 15 attack though which is at least usable if it becomes viable for anything. Wondering if any of the moves on it will become legacy?