Adventures Abound: Everything New

Adventures Abound is the newest season of Pokémon Go! We are seeing lots of debuts, so let’s jump right in. (Note: if anyone gets anymore information feel free to contact me to update this)

GO Battle League
This new season of Pokémon Go will introduce/change some old features.

Rank Up Encounters:

• Say goodbye to Excadrill, new players will be guaranteed to unlock Bisharp once they reach level one!

• Our Pokémon Go Fest 2023 friend Carbink is replacing the cutest squirrel I know, Skowvet in the GBL Guaranteed Rank Up encounters. Once you reach level six, you will be guaranteed to have an encouter with Carbink.

• Goomy will be sliding its way down to Ace and knock Axew out of GBL Encounters. Reach Ace (Level 2000) to get a guaranteed encounter with Goomy.!

• Jangmo-o is knocking Goomy away and taking its place as the Expert encounter. Reach Expert (level 2750) to get a guaranteed encounter with Jangmo-o!

Normal Encounters:

• Say goodbye to Nosepass and Gilgar, as they will be replaced by Croagunk and Sneasel! You will be able to encounter these from levels 1+, along with Maril, Meditite, and Skowvet.

• Spheal is being replaced by Carbink! You will be able to encounter Carbink from levels 6+, along with Frillish.

• Onix is being booted off the shelf by Skarmory. You will be able to encounter Skarmory from levels 11+, along with Wobbuffet, Phantump, Mareanie, and Lickitung.

Every Pokémon Leaving GBL

• Excadrill
  • Onix
  • Spheal
  • Nosepass
  • Gilgar
  • Axew

Charged Attacks

There are three new Charges Attacks coming to GBL this season.

• Trailblaze (Grass)
    :65 Power and Increases Attack

• Scorching Sands (Ground)
    :80 Power and a chance to lower the enemy’s attack

• Triple Axel (Ice)
    :60 Power and Increases Attack

Many Pokémon are getting skills added to their set, including Magnemite, Croagunk, Onix, Rhydon, Riolu, Krabby, Korpish, Sheldor, Chikorita, Roselia, Rowlet, Mareep, Scyther, Teddiursa, Deerling, Rockruff, Fomantis, Stunky, Galarian Meowth, Phanphy, Sneasel, Trapinch, Skowvet, and Sandygast, and all of their Evolution Chains.

Individuals include Regieleki, Sceptile, Heliolisk, Regidrago, Accelgor, Hitmonlee, Inceniroar, Mienshao, Golisopod, Mr. Mine, Bellossom, Mismagius, Shaymin, Kirlia, Gardevior, Lilligang, Meowsitc, Tauros, Suduwoodo, Girafarig, Galarian Mr. Mime, Hitmontop, Lopunny, Mr. Rime, Steene, Tsreena, Sandslash, Ninetails, Arcanine, Rapidash, Entei, Claydol, Hippowdon, Diggersby, and Excadrill.

THESE SKILL ADDITIONS RANGE FROM DIFFERENT SKILLS AND TYPES

Pokemon Debuts
This new season will feature some new Pokémon Debuts, however not all are known yet.

New Pokemon

• Basic
    :Sprigatito (Grass), Fueccoco (Fire), Quaxly (Water), Pawmi (Electric), Frigibax (Dragon, Ice), Lechonk (Normal), Nymble (Bug), and Smoliv (Grass, Normal),

• Stage 1
    :Floragato (Grass), Crocalor (Fire), Quaxwell (Water), Pawmo (Electric, Fighting), Arctibax (Dragon, Ice), Oinkologne (Normal), Lokix (Bug, Dark), and Doliv (Grass, Normal)

• Stage 2
    :Meowscarada (Grass, Dark), Skeledirge (Fire, Ghost), Quaquaval (Water, Fighting), Pawmot (Electric, Fighting), Baxcalibur (Dragon, Ice), and Arboliva (Grass, Normal)

• No evolution
    :Bomberdier (Flying, Dark)

Shadow Pokémon Debuts

Shadow Zapados Will be available in 5 Star Shadow Raids.

Shiny Debuts:

1: Lechonk~Oinkolonge - Release on 5-September-23

2: Bombirdier - Release on 10-September 23

3: Solosis~Duosion-Reuniclus- Release on 20-September-23

4: Grubbin~Charjabug~Vikavolt - Release on 23-September-23

5: Hisuian Growlithe~Hisuian Arcanine- Release on 27-September-23

Miscellaneous

Stickers
There will be some new sticker designs including:

• Autumn Deerling and Fletchling
  • Umbreon
  • Zoura
  • Gourgiest and Pumkaboo
  • Lechonk
  • Furret

NOTE: THIS IS A WIKI, BUT PLEASE ONLY EDIT IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD!!!

2 Likes

This is what I hate the most…

I am seeing Meditite from the time I had started playing the GBL, and more often or not, this is the most common reward for me.

Whereas Gligar was brought this season only, and was rare encounter, so removing him is bad, plus no point in having Croagunk…

Skarmory is back again, not much happy and presence of Wobbuffet in reward pool makes the matter even worse !!

But medicham is pretty decent in great league. It is very expensive to build though

Yes, that’s why I don’t want it !!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I had not used any XL powered Pokemon in GL and UL as well, and I think because this only I fall down from 2300+ ratings.
:roll_eyes: :laughing:

1 Like

It is now a Wiki!! Please feel free update with anything new you have learned

2 Likes

I got this one. Powered it up to level 40 before XL candy became a thing. And it just happened to exactly hit 1500 after some additional power ups

Not sure how Counter/PuPunch/Ice Punch holds in the meta, but I’d love to hear

1 Like

Honestly, I think that move-set is better than the one on PvPoke. It offers the spammy power boosts and much better coverage than the other set.

1 Like

It should perform very good, but you will most probably lose the mirror match against Medicham running Psychic.

Plus I will not bother to use any shield if I am using Azumarill, as it will completely wall this moveset. Same thing can also be expected by Toxapex users.

Except matchups like these, everything’s good as much as I know :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

And yes, congrats for having a Medicham :partying_face: :partying_face: , I am still lacking it due to my level restrictions, and also the XL candies !!

1 Like

Welll, first day finished, and what I have still to do is:

526 Pokémon of 1000 caught
2 Raids of 60 done
11 of 30 eggs hatched
49 of 150 researches done

And that’s it… all others have finished

Second day, and as I thought only staying the two worst:

3 raids of 60 done
80 of 150 researches done

The rest has been done today

Tracking along ok I guess.
The other family accounts are a little further behind.
All have the XP and dust.
1 had the Spins, while the other 2 are between 30-60 to go.
1 has the Excellent throws done (was 1st acct to reach the number) while other 2 are 20-40 away from end number. That’s a lot of excellent throws plus the 2 completed are getting more excellents :rofl:

1 Like

The last few are going to take a lot more time to finish than it’s taken to get these one completed. I can see a lot of grumpy players not being able to complete the whole set in the time frame. One of the family accts only just finished the first MaterBall challenge today which was more sensible bing not timed.

2 Likes

I’m now in 5 of 60 raids, and 117 of 150 research tasks.

One day later: now only rest to do the raids 6/60

3/60 Raids for me now and I’ve declared this Timed Research for impossible. I wake up at 5.30 in the morning, and get back home at 8pm with no time to Raid in between, and after 8pm I just have no incentive to get out and grind anymore. And besides, I’ve also got stuff to do at home. Unless they give us a Raid Day for a Tier 3 Pokémon that is at least slightly interesting there’s no way I’ll be finishing this in 80 days. And even then I only have half the weekends off, so if it falls in a busy weekend I still won’t be able to do Raids.

Let’s just keep it at no Master Balls for me as I refuse to give Niantic any $$$.

1 Like

Almost same for me. Only catching 2-3 Pokemon in gap of couple of hours.

I wake up at 4:15 AM, and afterwards all the works and studies take up the time in-between, including the time for Lunch and Breakfast. I have my dinner at 10:00 PM, so only time when I play is from 9PM to 10PM.

Hence you can see why only GBL is the thing which I can do in this duration. Spinning Pokestops or keeping Pokemon in Gyms are only possible on Weekends, and that’s because of the fact that we go to city. And if we are going to city, then the work for which we are in city is the topmost priority. And I cannot ask my father to drive to specific gyms where I can do solo 3* Raids.

I am at Zero, and probably will be there only, unless some good Pokemon appears in raid, so that I can use Remote Pass.
Master Ball is useless gimmick from Niantic, as we don’t have any real use of it, as we will be hoping at everything’s in our favor before we can use it !!

1 Like

My Monday to Saturday goes like this.
Wake up to alarm at 2:50am
Head off to work by 3:05.
Run the GoPlus while I drive to work stopping 3-4 time to take Gyms and do a Route that can be done by car. This all happens between 3:05 and 3:50
Get to work around 3:55 for a 4am start.
Finish at either 4 or 4:15pm and sometimes 4:30 depending on what goes wrong near end of Shift.
Have a shower and change at work before heading home any time from 4:20-4:50pm
Run GoPlus on drive home and go to shops for groceries sometimes.
Hopefully I get time to do Home Route 1 street over from home before it gets dark (currently 6pm)
Get home anywhere from 5:30-6pm.
Dinner and home duties.
Try to do some Trades and get to bed anywhere between 8:30 and 9:30pm.
Sunday I sleep in until 6-7am :rofl:. Do whatever but usually incorporates some Pokémon play.
Should add in my work hours depending on what I’m doing on the day I get random short periods of 5-10min where I turn the game on and catch a few things manually or do Gifts or even a Remote Raid.

3 Likes

Getting there.

1 Like

Doing only the one free raid per day, I’m now in 10 raids, all other finished.

Got five Raids total now, as I did a Bombirdier Raid and an Unown E Raid today. Still probably won’t get it finished in time though but I might chase some more Unown Raids before they’re gone.

Actually make that three as an Unown A Riad just hatched. Apparently I never caught one before (even though I caught a whole bunch of Unown last GO Fest, but apparently none of them was A) so I’ll be getting that one while it’s still in Raids.