"A Troubling Situation" Special Research incoming, as well as some new things

Niantic has been busy.

4 Likes

Would be nice if they fixed things before they put work in new things (and usually with errors).

2 Likes

At this point, it would take them months to clean up everything. I’m suspicious they try to fix what they can with each release, although they definitely need a little more talk-time with dev-ops. I’m sure that department is screaming at the development team, while the project manager shuts them down.

As long as they don’t create more bugs than they fix… but that is questionable… But I’ve to it’s surprising that I got the .0 version. Most of the time it is so buggy it does not reach me.

The .0 is the normal release. A .1 version is released if “major bugs” have been detected and the .0 is pulled from the app stores and replaced with the .1. Another reason is that the .0 may be the foundation update, and the .1 that may quickly follow it is the activating patch that turns on the features. They did that for the Gen 3 release, the Field Research system and the Friendship system to name a few.

I think the last 6-7 releases I never got the .0
So buggy are the releases lately. 1 release I even got the .2 as first release.

I’m not saying that it’s the rule, but usually when new features are implemented, we get the .0 first. There was one occasion I remember when the .1 was released, and the .2 was almost immediately released to activate the feature.

It was for bugs. Niantic hasn’t done a great job testing before a release.

I believe I have agreed on that already. I’m just saying that’s not the reason EVERY time.

At this point, it would take them months to clean up everything. I’m suspicious they try to fix what they can with each release, although they definitely need a little more talk-time with dev-ops. I’m sure that department is screaming at the development team, while the project manager shuts them down.

Sorry, my bad. Over looked that part.

Read to quickly.

Intense Magikarp

Here we go!