Which Gen 5 (Unova) Pokemon are you looking forward to?

Incinerate is a GEN5 fire move thats not in the game yet that Ho-oh can learn. If they turned that into a fast attack it could maybe work.
But having to wait that long would suck though…

I guess my Shiny fire bird wont ever get what he deserves so much :disappointed:

Not enough to make Ho-oh work, sadly

Ho-Oh can no longer learn Incinerate as of Gen 7, and that’s where Niantic seems to be getting their moves from: the current move pool provided by Game Freak, so I doubt it will happen. If anything, Ho-Oh will likely have Sky Attack as an exclusive move option.

If Gust was a Flying-type move available, it could at least be a Flying-type attacker, but Brave Bird should be swapped for Sky Attack.

Incinerate would be welcome in Gen 5 though, as so many Pokemon do learn it from Gen 5, like Darmanitan, and it would definitely do better than it does in the games.

2 Likes

Conkeldurr

1 Like

Excadrill and chandelure

1 Like

Gigalith is my favorite Pokemon in this gen and I’m also looking forward to Excadrill, Samurott, and Archeops the most.

Others (design-wise, mostly):

Scolipede_(dream_world)

Scoliopede

Leavanny

Leavanny

Sigilyph

Sigilyph

Cofagrigus

Ferro

Ferrothorn

9-Eelektross

Elektross

606-Beheeyem

Beheeyem

623-Golurk-e1401334335170

Golurk

1 Like

Has anybody ran simulations of MS Drill Run Excadrill?

Oh yeah, there is no shortage of well-designed Pokemon in Unova.

Another part I’m looking forward to in the Gen 5 release is that there are 151 Pokemon total in that region, although 138 are non-Legendary, and there are no Pokemon that have previous evolutions–that’s mainly done after Gen 4. If they do the wave system, we should see much larger waves, probably averaging 30-40 each.

1 Like

All starters, Litwick line, Axew line, many others, lazy to type them.

2 Likes

Almost forgot Haxorus, amazing Pokémon

1 Like

I had considered Haxorus to be on the detailed list, and I know it will be a great Dragon-type, but I settled on Hydreigon due to its overall versatility as a potential Dark-type attacker.

I think Haxorus will definitely be a budget Dragon-type for those that didn’t get Rayquaza, Dialga or Palkia, or didn’t get good IVs on either of them. I look forward to him as well.

1 Like

Haxorus, given that he does get DT/O, will be like the second best generalist after Rayquaza I think

1 Like

Very likely so.

Random note, but one thing I hope they do when it comes to spawns is that when encountering Audino in the wild, it will give boosted Stardust or XP upon capture, because in the Gen 5 games, it did just that upon takedown. I would love to see like a 1000 XP or a 1000 Stardust upon capture.

Ill take the dust please
Then again, Chansey doesnt give it either

That’s a fair point. I haven’t considered Chansey since it’s so rare to find one and I’m not likely to take it down instead of trying to catch it in the games since I’m usually likely only to find one throughout the game.

I’m really looking forward to gen 5. There are some interesting Pokémon that will be introduced here.

What I’m really looking forward to is:

• Klingklang
  • Chandelure
  • Cryogonal
  • Vanilluxe
  • Cofagrigus (especially this one)

Other ones I’m also finding interesting:

• Ferrothorn
  • Golurk
  • Crustle
  • Amoonguss
  • Jellicent
  • Escavalier
  • Bouffalant
  • Durant

So I will sure do some catching when gen 5 releases.

1 Like

LeBron’s liable to feel slighted seeing Durant on that list.

3 Likes

All

I too am looking forward to quite a number of those, although I fear that Cryogonal may be a regional.