Help Desk - Pokemon GO freezing when opening certain menus

Ever since the Eevee community day last weekend my Pokemon GO keeps freezing when I open several menus, like, when I click to send someone a gift it completely freezes for 2 minutes until it goes to the next screen to choose which gift to send, and then upon clicking on the gift I want to send, it freezes again for a while until it sends.
Same goes with the trade window, everytime I start a trade with someone it freezes on the pokemon selection screen for a few minutes. And so on, until the trade is finally done.

I don’t get why this is happening, it was fine just last weekend, and the rest of the game works perfectly fine at 60fps stable, without ever freezing.

Some things I’ve tried already:
Soft Resetting the smartphone
Clearing cache/data of the Pokemon Go app
Reinstalling the game
Changing preffered connection from 4G/LTE to 3G
Playing it on WiFi
Clearing all background apps.

Here are my phone specs:

Brand: Lenovo ZUK Z2 pro
CPU: Snapdragon 820
GPU: Adreno 530
RAM: 6GB

Any ideas as to what is causing this?

It’s not just you.
I’m getting random in game freeze ups when opening Gyms since the last update. Just another new frustrating bug.

I didn’t even think about that but just decided to try it now and click on a pokemon that is defending a gym and yes, it freezes for me too for about 30 seconds until I can click the “Go to the gym” to open the gym.

However this might be linked with Android 8.0, not sure, because I tried it on my tablet which is much less powerful and has Android 7.0 and I get no freezes.

Nokia 8 Sirocco; android 8.1, Snapdragon 835, 6gb ram, no freezing since lastupdate. Had 1 Freeze about 1 or 2 versions ago.

This topic was automatically closed after 49 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.