Help Desk - Galarian Slowpoke evolution -- issue or no issue?

My Main got an in-game announcement from Niantic an hour or two ago that says due to an issue (details about which were not specified) with evolving Galarian Slowpoke, we are getting a “Limited Research” “available until 8:00 pm on October 27th.” that will reward 10 Pokéballs, 50 Slowpoke Candy, 1 Incense, a Galarian Slowpoke encounter, 1000 Stardust, and 1000 XP.

It said to look in the “Today” tab; but nothing so far has shown up there, and pokemongolive.com doesn’t show anything about it, nor did my Alt receive the announcement, yet.

Has anybody else seen or heard anything about this? Can anybody clarify what happened and what we’re supposed to expect? I’m just confused…

(One correction – my Alt did receive the notice. It was just added to the earliest end of the news story list instead of the most recent end after I dismissed it… something else weird about this. And the Limited Research still hasn’t shown up in my Today tab.)

I did get the limited research, but I dintknow if that was a makeup quest line or just the regular one (if there was one)

1 Like

I got the limited research a few days ago

1 Like

Same here. Reboot the game if you don’t see it. Sometimes a server refresh is necessary.

1 Like

Nope. Updated game, rebooted, and looked again – nothing. Maybe it’s because I successfully evolved a Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowbro during the event? Whatever… it’s really no big deal. I was just curious to know. Thanks.

Same problem – the special research isn’t showing up. I’ve tried rebooting.

I had the evolved Galarian and I received the special research without knowing it was a reward.

I had already finished it a day or two before that notification even popped up. Maybe you have already finished it, too?