Fire/Ice type event. Your thoughts?

probably spamming shelders, ponita’s, houndoors, and swinubs all the time. Not a event I was looking forward too. I’ve exams too, so I will not be playing that active as the rockevent.

Yeah I think there will be everything, except Charmander and Cyndaquil families…

they probably will be there too, but as there were a lot of swinubs here in the winter and there are more common firetypes too. I can’t imagine the char&cynda family having a big spawnpercentages.

With each good event there is that one rare Pokémon that is exciting to get, even if you don’t need it. Chansey, Shiny Magikarp and Larvitar made those events the best. A smaller percentage of players got their first Aerodactyl, Charizard or Gengar with those events so for them they were good events. The new years/starters event was OK - always good to stock up on. Therefore, IMO the worst event has to be the grass event and Halloween is second. My area was drowning in Drowzee and Gastly from launch day so I will never stop complaining about that event. It was pure torture. Plus, it was the first event and they hadn’t worked out the kinks yet so literally 99.9% of spawns were spooky ones. Now it’s probably somewhere between 50-75%.

With Fire & Ice who will be that one rare Pokémon? Lapras?

1 Like

I agree… just give us something to do till the next big update

I wish we got swinubs like you guys do. Wanna hear something funny? Getting swinubs would be the one thing that would switch me back to playing my main.

Also, gen 4 piloswine evolves. And the number crunchy dorks put it over 3200 cp. Biggest non legendary ice Pokemon period. A huge need in mixing the gym meta. Maybe, keep a really good swinub, DONT evolve it, and stack your 125 (they predict swinub-pilo to drop to 25, like golbat did).

Dual typing, I think, should protect if from rock attacks (normal, instead of super. Pretty sure golem can still troll it).

1 Like

To each their own, I thought the Halloween event was great…extra candy and I get no ghost spawns, drowzee is also rare for me. Meowth isn’t common, but not rare either while cubone is about the same as meowth, but maybe a little rarer. Any event that let’s me get more candy is a good one imo

Grass was the worst, it was too short and nothing really exciting…I was extra annoyed because I was visiting a new city and it was polluted with grass types, so I still don’t know what it’s really like to play Pokémon there

1 Like

Useful for a couple I’m short on, happy with xp, not too bothered otherwise. I loved the stone one though, so i can see why it rotates, something for everyone.

I am actually excited about seeing houndours around. Houndoom is a pretty good prestiger in my opinion. Plus he’s always been one of my favorites as far as fire types go. I’m pretty excited because though it is killing time, at least it will be something different. We don’t get any ice types around here at all and honestly we don’t get any fire types. I have to agree about the Halloween event, I actually enjoyed it because Gengar is my soul. I loved seeing ghost Pokemon everywhere. A lot of people on YouTube are saying differently, but I swear they are going to release delibird during a Christmas holiday event, which will crack me up and make the holidays even more fun. I sort of like holiday-themed events I guess. Some people are saying that the Fire and Ice event was chosen because of Game of Thrones? Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice… Sorry for my meandering thoughts!

1 Like

I love swinub! When you say it will get you back to playing your main, do you mean you started another account because the game was getting boring for you? I was just wondering how many people have done that and if they chose an opposite team. I’m finally getting seriously burned out at level 37. I think it’s because I pushed so hard during the double xp event since I wasted a lot of time during the first double xp event. Sorry for off topic!

1 Like

Excellent questions. It’s so much to discuss, it’ll be easier to start a new topic. Look for it soon.

I loved the Halloween event. Double candy and shorter buddy distances really filled out my Pokedex. I’m looking forward to this event because both fire and ice types are rare where I live.

Holy crap. Well, I made the topic to answer you questions. Based on my progress and so one. It got people mad, got me flamed, and the thread got pulled.

Holy shit! I really am that traitor masked magician guy?! Sorry…

To, me this looks like a great event.

It’s awfully hard to find Swinub (never ever seen a Piloswine) or any othe ice type for that matter. Guess it has something to do with the fact of living on a warm island in the Mediterranean sea :stuck_out_tongue: so yeah! Looks like a great opportunity…

I just wonder if they’ll split the spawns, ice for southern hemisphere and fire for northern (due to different seasons starting) I hope they don’t…

And, what I need MOST is a flaming hat. Seriously!

1 Like

I’ve evolved 2 Piloswines and 2 Arcanines since the event started. Fire and Ice Pokemon are both rare where I live. I’ve tripled the Cyndiquil candy I had. Should get my first Typholosion tomorrow.

1 Like

I usually average about 100000 XP per week. When I hit level 35 and saw I needed 15000000 XP to level up, I figured it would take 15 weeks. Before the event started, I was a week ahead of that schedule. Now 1 day into the event, I’m 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Only 1 lapras right in front of my house of all places now I went threw my lapras crew and found 3 IS/IB one was at 1500 and he sits at a little over 2000 now need more candy it was a hatch right before move sets changed thank goodness I want a few ice defenders please lapras ride on in to the harbor I live by !!

Evolved my 2nd 9tails of the event this morning. Less than 400000 XP to go for Level 36!

1 Like

I think they’ve made it harder to catch a Pokémon on the first throw…I’ve had great curves into a bright green circle and the mon busts out far too often this week for it to be a coincidence

Managed to evolve my first Ninetales and Rapidash, even though I didn’t get to play all that much for the event. Still short on Cyndaquil and Houndour candy, and I didn’t see a single Lapras all week. Overall, I liked it, though. Fire types are my favorites and I managed to snag quite a few of them.
Only real downside: I wanted to make good use of the last day of the event, since I’m free this evening, but now I can’t even login. Here’s to hoping the issue will be solved within the next couple of hours, though I don’t think it’s very likely.