EX Raids - Another EX Raid!

Exactly, the more you worry about it the more you wind up disappointed when you don’t get one. Take Josh Hack for example, previously someone who wasn’t happy with the EX raid system but got a pass & caught one. Not so unhappy with the system now.
Just keep playing, focus on other goals (level 40, gold medals, as many 100% mons as you can get etc) and stop worrying about people who already have them.
Who knows, maybe more EX raid bosses may be released & perhaps those who currently have multiples of Mew Two won’t get one at all.
Edit : And Josh, sorry to single you out fam :slightly_smiling_face: No harm or malice intended!

2 Likes

Hi we’re on the same boat @beales.com.

1 Like

It’s all fine, we’ll all get one eventually. I’m just content now because I don’t need to work as hard to get one.

1 Like

@Yoshi That is the most poorly drawn conclusions I have ever seen you make. Try applying some critical thinking before making statements.

1). Bitching how terrible it is because you have not received a EX Raid pass when the system is still being tested doesn’t help. Doing a Beta test requires that a small test group be used. This inherently means that only people selected as part of the test group will be able to participate. If everyone got one it would just be a release not a test. Until EX Raids are fully released not everyone will have an opportunity to get one.

2). This forum does not have a connection to Niantic. There is a possibility they read it and receive the criticism but realistically even if Niantic does read the comments this is not the type of feedback that is beneficial. They are picking the test sights and already know not all players are receiving them. It would be different if complaint is that you and your friend ALWAYS raid together and your friend got one at a gym you both raided and you didn’t but your friend did. However I have never read that exact example.

3). It gets old when all people do is complain about not getting a pass in this unfinished feature. This is not the best venue to whine and complain about how unfair life is because you didn’t get an EX Raid.

We should want to have a productive conversation about how the start times or duration could be adjusted; about how the criteria for how passes are distributed need tweaked; speculate about future Pokémon that will be involved, battle strats, full release of EX Raids; how things could be adjusted for rural players; or any other discussion that doesn’t involve how unfair it is that you have not got one.

True…but it is getting tiring, especially when others have 2 mewtwos…

I agree it does get frustrating but at some point in the near future we will all have an opportunity to do them :grinning:

1 Like

Hold on, I’m not malice to reject your views. I didn’t claim Ex raids are failure. And once again, I didn’t express my views on the above comment. If the Ex raid system is perfect, why don’t simply release it worldwide as soon as possible? I’m impartial to look over Ex raid system. Of course it’s able to advance cooperation & communication between players. Meanwhile, people (not me) complain that the distribution of Ex raid pass is unfair. Tolerating both-sided comments is always the solution to develop a non-toxic community. Niantic only require to reserve the ‘good’ and alter the ‘bad’. Let’s remember the aim of holding a test before the formal release.

(Sorry. I’m so sorry but I feel like you’re targeting at people who dislike this system, especially me even though I’ve already changed my mind)
RIP Yoshi 2017~2017 (GO Hub Forum)
@Dinsara92 you’re my final hope.

1 Like

The poorly drawn conclusion I referenced was that I am sensitive to negative opinions of EX Raids. The balance of that rant was aimed at people who can’t seem to understand how product testing and development works.

If there are legitimate issues such as the raids being on days or at times when many people cannot attend, or that the period of time which Niantic considers for Ex Raid invites being to short or to long then I am happy to hear about them. It would be foolish of me or anyone else to think EX Raids are perfect. Surely there are many ways EX raids can be improved. These constructive conversations are exactly the type of option sharing for which these forums were created.

What I am fed up with is members of the community complaining that they have not received a pass, that their country has not received a pass, that they know people who have attends more than one EX Raid, etcetera. Many act as though this is the final system and it is completely unfair to anyone who has not been invited.

People come to these forums to ask and answer questions, share ideas and better the PoGo community. If people wanted to listen to negativity, whining, and general discontent go to reddit. The GoHub is not the place for that.

1 Like

Then I’m more confirm about what points you’re trying to make. If people haven’t ever participate in the Ex raid system, they’re not sure how the system works. Therefore, they shouldn’t argue the system with low-level reasons. If I’ve hurt you by saying you’re too sensitive towards complaints, I’m so sorry. To exercise restraint is always contributive to the Forum.

1 Like

Just keep doing sponsored raids. I got a ex invite from sprint .

You didn’t hurt my feeling, a combination of lack of sleep, stress and frustration from the lack of constructive feedback regarding this topic and a couple other forum discussions caused me to lash out and go on a rant. My appoligies to you for any stress or ill feelings caused.

1 Like

Nope I’m staying strong even though I have anxiety. Thx for being considerate @Thorend. Great insight @bagguille.

1 Like

I’m your final hope for what now? I’m confused :confused: Anyways, the article is coming along nicely. Don’t worry.

The misunderstanding is solved. We’ll cooperate as normal.

Looks like Niantic failed again sending invites for a good amount of people… I got ex raid pass for Starbucks gym in Nashville and so far only 4 people has confirmed that they received the invite.

Last week 2 location have not enough people to complete the raid…

What is going on Niantic

That’s exactly what fails in this system, imaging people on the way have fullfilled to receive this and are on 1000 km distance…

Just for a bit of perspective… and for anyone who doesn’t know who Brandon Tan is, you should find him on Twitter

3 Likes

I feel bad for the dude, he truly deserves like 10 EX passes by now.

He may have done that many but how many were at the Gym Chosen for the Ex Raids to be handed out?
Total amount of raids is irrelevant, only Raids at Chosen Gyms are relevant.

What seems to have become apparent is the last lot that were handed out could have been a test for participation rate v how many that were handed out. Plenty of stories out there of not enough showing up to win the Raid and many stating they Raided the Gym in question but never received an invite including myself. I don’t get worked up over it like others. I’ll get one when I get one and hopefully I’m available for it at the time, if not bad luck.

1 Like

I don’t think the algorithm for the choice of Gym has been isolated / analysed yet, so can’t really say however Man raids all over the place so diversity of Gym raids shouldn’t be an issue for him.
And that’s probably the best attitude to have also. No point in worrying :crazy_face: