The regional problem

Kangaskhan won’t happen because it was a reward of the Global Catch Challenge last year.

1 Like

I hope we have a “worldwide week” where a lot of regionals go global for a week

3 Likes

Like many in this thread I’m only missing Tauros for Gen1… (I caught Kangaskhan last year in Munich where it spawned as compensation for delayed Safari Zone events).

I will be going to Dortmund for Safari Zone this year, but I really hope, there’s not (only) Tauros as event Pokémon. Personally speaking I’m hoping for Heracross…
Of course there should be something exclusive to the visitors of Safari Zone, but all players should get something… They could do a catch challenge like at last year’s Go Fest, and as a reward they could release a regional raid boss (maybe tier 2 or 3, it should be soloable) for a week. Tauros worldwide, North america could then get either Mr. Mime or Kangsaskhan…
Of course, simply making Tauros/the other regional spawn worldwide would be a lot easier for us players… but I guess Niantic doesn’t want it to be too easy…

1 Like

With Mime Jr, a new challenge for Niantic arises.
As far as I can see they have 4 options.

Option 1. Make Mime Jr a regional egg.
This would mean that only eggs from Europe would hatch Mime Jr.

Option 2. Mime Jr goes worldwide, but unevolveable.
This would mean that Mime Jr would come out of eggs worldwide, but would not be able to evolve outside of europe.

Option 3. Mr Mime is swapped. Mr Mime gets changed for a different European regional. Mr Mime goes worldwide and a different regional exclusive is chosen.

Option 4. Regionals are removed. Regional Pokemon are all made worldwide. Every area with a regional pokemon now has all the regional pokemon.

• Option 1
  • Option 2
  • Option 3
  • Option 4

0 voters

What would you choose?

2 Likes

I was lucky to get a few Tauros after Hurricane Irma had us driving far enough north for it to spawn (stupid Florida lol). But I still feel your pain.

Gen 1 - Missing Articuno (6 days), Kangaskhan :australia:, and Mr. Mime. :clown_face:
Gen 2 - Missing Smeargle :paintbrush:, Celebi :mantelpiece_clock:, and Unown :sos:.
Gen 3 - Is a mess so no worries there.

Best of luck to you. I’ll trade a Tauros for Kanga or Unown or Mr. Mime! (Secretly hoping that the “Go Integration” in the new Switch game brings TRADING…like our PCs should! It’s actually IN the games. :joy:)

2 Likes

A lot of people have talked about posible new regionals in Gen 4. So it’s not very dificult to delete some of the regionals of today, put them worldwide, and put in new regionals. This would be the easiest way to evase problems with Mime jr.

1 Like

From Gen 1, I am only missing Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Articuno, Mewrwo.

but I bet we will get those in an event or for Community day.

1 Like

Articuno should be off that list in 3 days.

2 Likes

Community Day?? No

2 Likes

Lol I have got “higher love” badge for using all my likes 5 days in a row…

1 Like

option 5: they don’t release Mime Jr at all

(wouldn’t be the first pokemon to not be released…)

also, those people going for option 4: i assume that is what you WANT, not what you EXPECT?

1 Like

Now; what do you think Niantic will actually do:
With Mime Jr, a new challenge for Niantic arises.
As far as I can see they have 4 options.

Option 1. Make Mime Jr a regional egg.
This would mean that only eggs from Europe would hatch Mime Jr.

Option 2. Mime Jr goes worldwide, but unevolveable.
This would mean that Mime Jr would come out of eggs worldwide, but would not be able to evolve outside of europe.

Option 3. Mr Mime is swapped. Mr Mime gets changed for a different European regional. Mr Mime goes worldwide and a different regional exclusive is chosen.

Option 4. Regionals are removed. Regional Pokemon are all made worldwide. Every area with a regional pokemon now has all the regional pokemon.

What do you think will happen?

• Option 1
  • Option 2
  • Option 3
  • Option 4

0 voters

I’m still missing Kangaskhan, I was lucky enough to go on trips to Asia and Europe for other reasons, but I don’t see any reason to go to Australia just for a game.

This is so ANNOYING!

1 Like

All the old regionals will probably be released during events and we will probably get new regionals

1 Like

I live in europe so I have seen Mr. Mime normally and Farfetch’d and Kangaskhan through event. Still need tauros

i live in toronto, and tauros is actually pretty rare, even if you come for a 2 week vacation you may not get one

1 Like

Mime and Tauros for me.

Release Tauros world wide at the next Running of the Bulls in Pamplona would be appropriate.

2 Likes

But what about the people in NA it doesn’t do anything for us

2 Likes

Was in West-Canada for 2 weeks in September last year. I didnt see one. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I will be getting articuno on the 1st of june.