Help Desk - Taxed? for the 9.99 pokecoins?

so 4 days ago my wife bought a google card for 10 bucks and bought some pokecoins. the 9.99 package
yesterday i did the same exact thing. only the game is saying i owe 10.61 due to taxes. ive talked to both niantic and google and both are trying to do the blame the other guy game. has anyone else had this or a similar experience.

1 Like

Never heard of that. You could try your luck on the Reddit of Silph Road. Search there if no one here has an answer for it. And please share how it ended or what you found. Because this is so strange.

1 Like

So far, I’m just getting the runaround. this makes no sense to me and Niantic is try to claim they set taxes, that google is the one who does that but ive never had an issue with google taxing my purches. ill post a screen shot of the 2 purchases later. once she gets home.

Did you get it worked out? I’m having the same problem. My son got Google play gift cards for his birthday and it’s charging him tax to buy from the store.

1 Like

Are the gift cards from the same country as your App Store is set too?

Also for future reference you get more coins by buying them 100 at a time than buying 1200 in one go.

1 Like

It depends on the state/country you’re in. My state charges taxes for digital purchases, but only during the transaction itself, so if you buy pre-loaded gift cards like iTunes or Google, they will not be taxed at the counter, but the currency purchased will be taxed using them during ingame transactions. This is to avoid double-taxing. So, it’s not Niantic or Google/Apple; it’s state or country law.

Not true. 10 dollars of PokeCoins is 1200 coins, while 1 dollar is 100, true, but if you paid 10 dollars using only the 100 coin option, you only get 1000 coins. Getting the 10-dollar option gives you 200 extra coins to spend.

Oh that’s not the case in England it’s 9.99 here for 1200 or 0.79 for the 100

Ok, that’s fair. Might want to be upfront about that to prevent misunderstanding.

Can’t say I understand it fully but what I do know is it only costs me $50 for a $50 iTunes Card or $42.50 when they have them on discount.
As for purchase of Poke Coins for me it’s:
100 coins = $0.99
550 coins = $7.99
1200 coins = $14.99
2500 coins = $30.99
5200 coins = $62.99
14500 coins = $159.99
I get way more value in buying 100 coins at a time.
100 coins at a time I can get the 2500 coins for $24.75 allowing me to buy another 600 coins for the same price. That’s 6 more Raid Passes.
I’m not charged any extra at the time of purchase, only the $0.99.

1 Like

That is retarded. In my game it’s like this I’dd put Dollar conversions behind the Euro’s:
100 coins = €0.99 - $1.30
550 coins = €5.49 - $6.49
1200 coins = €10.99 - $12.99
2500 coins = €21.99 - $25.11
5200 coins = €43.99 - $50.24
14500 coins = €109.99 - $125.61

There was a change on the Bank fees, since 18 October, 2018, on Europe.
Any transaction from an European bank or payment service, will need to pay, between, 2,5% to 8% (depends on the countries and/or banks) in fees, when it´s making a payment to another country, outside Europe Swift code.
I think that Google had to start making that, when they got into the European payment system, after November, 1, 2018. Apple has an Netherlands base and Ireland base in Europe, Google got there services via Latvia. Before that, any pre-paid card was an American (or chinese) based service. It didn´t pay fees on Europe and customers didn´t pay taxes to use it.
After that, those percentages got applied. Same thing happens when you use a credit card (that doesn´t cover outside services, like those Gold or Platinum services) to pay someone outside European borders. And that is outside the coin transaction… if you pay pounds with an Euro country card, you don´t pay those taxes but you have to pay the exchange rate (that got agravatted after January, 1, 2019). If you pay US dollars with the same card, you will pay those taxes and the exchange rate too.

1 Like

Seems like it is cheaper to purchase here in our country then…

100Pokecoins = Php29 (Philippine Pesos) only with or without taxed, so I always select the without taxed option.

1 Like

How do you select without text so you have an option not to pay taxes

Just tap on the first display where the amount + tax is displayed in the right side, then the app will calculate again and then display the new (same) amount and NO TAX, then proceed and continue your buying…

1 Like

Good to know did you open my gift

1 Like